Bryan Broaddus & Jane Slater heated debate on Jason's future

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
For Garrett to be re-signed there would have to be some real in the closet man love involved. Even Jerry can't honestly think Jason has a super bowl in him.

Maybe he and Jason can negotiate a new contract on a quiet secluded cruise on the new yacht.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Why? I pay 6000.00 a year in tickets and travel from two states away to support the Cowboys. Garrett is a good 9-7 or 10-6 coach he does not outsmart anybody and has shown he cant win playoff games against equal talented teams. He gets outcoached every time!
I don't give a crap how many games you attend or how much you spend. Wanting the team to lose is foolish. It sounds like you need to stay home. Are you the guy that cheers when the offense is on the line of scrimmage?
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd4J4yhGId6idGfkn-7GandB9E_jJJrnZ-jpQ-Cvy-q05NosJo7w&s

Last edited:

Tussinman

Reaction score
And my respect for Broaddus just grew.

Anyone who stands firm against "Queen Clickbait" Jane Slater gets my admiration.

I legitimately cannot stand even the mention of her name. I hold her in such disdain for the style and type of reporting that she does, I cannot describe it.
Stay after her Broaddus. Expose her for the fraud she is.
She's a complete joke. I remember a few weeks ago she was nagging Tavon when he had already said he didn't want to talk about it. He eventually gave her a vague answer just to shut her up

Tavon: *tells 2 different reporters its Wednesday and hes done talking about it

Slater: "uh lets not only talk about it but talk about a private conservation in regards too it"

:facepalm::banghead::banghead:

Cas2800

Reaction score
I don't give a crap how many games you attend or how much you spend. Wanting the team to lose is foolish. It sounds like you need to stay home. Are you the guy that cheers when the offense is on the line of scrimmage?
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd4J4yhGId6idGfkn-7GandB9E_jJJrnZ-jpQ-Cvy-q05NosJo7w&s

So you have an opinion? Good....I have mine. Your little pictures are cute too.:lmao2:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Listened to the "Boys and Girls Podcast" from earlier today where Brian was very outspoken about the need for Jerry to move on from Jason Garrett. Jane Slater seems to think that after last week game where Jerry was crying, Jerry is softening up Cowboy fans for him to resign Garrett to a new contract. She's pretty certain Jerry will bring back Garrett because of his own insecurities and friendship with Garrett. Brian was pretty adamant that its time to move on from Jason and hire Urban Meyer. Brian said "Who wants a coach (Garrett) that doesn't call plays, doesn't call defense plays, doesn't have game management then go ahead and rehire that guy! Seriously.....what does the guy do????" This is the first time I hear this podcast and much say its much more objective then any of the podcasts on the website. They also asked if Jerry would lose the Cowboy fan base if he resigned Garrett Most agreed that because they are the DALLAS COWBOYS fans ight not watch the first 3 games but would all come back.

As a 15 year season Ticket holder my opinion is...If winning 2 or 3 more games means Garrett gets a new contract then I don't want them winning another game! IM SICK OF GARRETT!! you can hear the podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...llas-scout-bryan/id1483643216?i=1000458745394
I am with Jane.

If Garrett can get to the playoffs and at least to the NFL Championship he can stay.

Given the year that would be remarkable.

Short of that..let him go.

I hold the players very responsible for this season after last year beating Seattle.

They have to at least met last years benchmark as building on the past and not repeating the past is the answer.

There are a lot of flaws on this team.

Some of our players need to move on.

So who has the background to do this?

Big question.

:omg:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt her sources, though. She seems to talk to someone way up in the organization. If she says Jerry is trying to prepare us for more Garrett, he probably is.

Which plenty of us thought he would anyway.
You don't need sources to see that clearly Jones wants Garrett around.

All of this thought of him getting fired from week to week is fans getting their hopes up.

It is not like Jones has not been extremely easy to read.

Praxit

Reaction score
If they bring Garrett back i’ll hang it up as a cowboy fan
..lets just say, a long Hiatus is probably a good idea. Can you imagine seeing Red Jesus on the sideline again with Xbox headset? This is a math equation that fits 3+3=10

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry crying makes me think the opposite -- that not only is he is going to have to fire Garrett but that he is never going to get the 'redemption' that he has been working towards by winning a super bowl his way. Everyone talked about Jerry's redemption comments as if referring to Garrett, but I believe whether Jones knew it or not he was talking about his own redemption.

It's not just creating uncertainty around leadership and an unaccountable culture that is the problem, but our foundational strategy of trying to build a team like we did before the cap. Jerry still believes that the way to win is to have a more talented team but it's impossible to build a team that way in the salary cap because you can't pay more than everyone else like we did in the 90's. So we sign key guys to big contracts and then fill other crucial parts of the roster with high risk / high reward players, whether the risk is behavioral, mental health, or injury risks.

We then just line up our guys and expect them to execute better than the other team, which works physical ability separates us from them. There have been times where we have seemed far and away better than other teams, but invariably there are injuries and key guys are out. Plus with our high risk / high reward players some of them don't pan out (e.g., Gregory) and so they aren't on the field either. We've spent our cap money on the big name guys, so our backups are subpar. And so we are left with a team that has a lot of high end talent surrounded by low end talent and a scheme that is designed to win through superior talent alone.

...and so we hover around 8-8...

Patriots have taken the exact opposite approach, accepting that teams will be roughly equal talent wise and therefore trying to squeeze out every other form of advantage. Scheme and game plan changes week-to-week depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent. Their roster never has many pro bowlers but when a guy goes down there isn't much of a drop in ability. They will pay some high risk high reward players to help push them over the top (Randy Moss), but they never commit to long term high end contracts for these guys no matter how good they are. They are always in a position to walk away from a guy (i.e., Brown).

It wouldn't surprise me to see Jerry turn the reigns over to Stephen fully and focus on what he is good at, which is making money. Despite 25 years of poor results the Cowboys are still the most valuable sports franchise. Kind of incredible.
Excellent insight and comments, it's these kind of post that make this sight so valuable.
Thanks for sharing!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Why? I pay 6000.00 a year in tickets and travel from two states away to support the Cowboys. Garrett is a good 9-7 or 10-6 coach he does not outsmart anybody and has shown he cant win playoff games against equal talented teams. He gets outcoached every time!

Yeah, I understand. Maybe it's just time to stop buying the tickets and spending the money. I mean, I get it, nobody wants to feel like they are throwing away 6K a year etc. Anybody who says different is full of crap and by crap, I don't mean crap, I mean the other word but I can't say that on this board.

This really is the message that gets the most attention anyway. Maybe just take that money and spend it on a trip to somewhere else with the kids or the grandkids or the Wife/Husband?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That is utter nonsense. There is no way I want my Boys to lose. No Way.
fc63ba62f7a6af398297b4b41f213df8.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdgZApJtSnPJBmDeyykh7nODpLRKJ_i1xwV2xaoXNUByYf-SwB&s
If you want to win a Superbowl, It is not non sense at all. If you take the emotion out of the situation the best think that could happen for this team, is we lose at least 3 of our last 4 games, with Garrett’s lame coaching being the reason we lose. Jerry will do the smart thing and fire Garrett. If we have some temporary gratification and make the playoffs, Jerry will make some ridiculous excuse to keep Garrett.

If we win now, we will be stuck with Garrett and will NOT win a Super Bowl next year, if we lose now, NEXT year we have a shot to win the Superbowl.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jane Slater seems to think that after last week game where Jerry was crying, Jerry is softening up Cowboy fans for him to resign Garrett to a new contract. She's pretty certain Jerry will bring back Garrett because of his own insecurities and friendship with Garrett.
The day before training camp started, Jane was on NFLN saying that Zeke would report on time.

Yes Jane, people remember these things.

slick325

Reaction score
I'm all for bringing Garrett back IF the Cowboys win 8 straight games or even 7 straight games to close the season.

If not, everyone has to go. Don't keep a single member of this staff.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I don't get this either. I've had multiple people say she's just around because she has T and A but she has neither......

She's just a basic Dallas chick (tons of make-up, bleached teeth, fake tan, dyed hair, fake nails).
:clap: