Video: BST: Scott Linehan's Uncertain Future With the Cowboys

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I don't get this. If there's this much of a fundamental difference of opinion, why don't both sides - Garrett and the Joneses - agree to part ways?

Would you really want to waste another season for this team because both sides can't come to an agreement?

And if you're Linehan, do you actually want to stay in a place where outside of one guy, nobody wants you around?

Just end this already.
There is not a difference fundamentally. This is a media driven topic that took part of what JG said and ran with it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The College offenses with all the motion seems to be the way the league is going. He ran that at OU. His teams were putting up huge numbers of points.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
HWzbtvG.jpg
Coach Jason Garrett told 105.3 The Fan on Monday that he expects the OC to return for another season.

"We don't anticipate any significant changes to our staff," Garrett said, via ESPN's Todd Archer.

And Stephen Jones was quoted saying that it was too early after a playoff loss to determine any coaching changes. o_O

Last edited:

Quickdraw

Reaction score
HWzbtvG.jpg
Coach Jason Garrett told 105.3 The Fan on Monday that he expects the OC to return for another season.

"We don't anticipate any significant changes to our staff," Garrett said, via ESPN's Todd Archer.

And Stephen Jones was quoted saying that it was too early after a playoff loss to determine any coaching changes. o_O
DaBoyz! You obviously need a time out for posting such nonsense. This is fake news. It has to be because I won't believe it's anything else but fake news... lol

Man that sucks if Linehan returns. This is like freakin groundhog day.. for 23 seasons!

lukin2006

Reaction score
You never hire anyone who has coached Detroit, and we hired 2 of them and they are both useless.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Fire linehan and more. Bring in an innovative OC who can hire his own QB coach. Then we will know if linehan held Dak back or if Dak is truely just an average QB with below average passing skills.

I think Dak improving would actually upset most Czoners... but i couldnt agree more.. If Jerry wants to invest in Dak it is time to truly give him the tools to be successful. A first year QB coach and a playbook from the 90's is not doing anyone in this offense any favors.. If we find some one who can sprinkle in Daks strengths and some one to continue improving his mechanics and he still cant get the job done ok.. move one. But i would feel uneasy cutting such a raw talent without at least giving it a real chance.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Dak improving would actually upset most Czoners... but i couldnt agree more.. If Jerry wants to invest in Dak it is time to truly give him the tools to be successful. A first year QB coach and a playbook from the 90's is not doing anyone in this offense any favors.. If we find some one who can sprinkle in Daks strengths and some one to continue improving his mechanics and he still cant get the job done ok.. move one. But i would feel uneasy cutting such a raw talent without at least giving it a real chance.

People's arguments over playbook is really over blown. We get receivers open downfield in the 10-20 yard range. The problem is Dak is conservative either naturally or from coaches telling him not to take chances he cant make. Dak typically goes for the easy throws, often short of the 1st down because that's what defenses give him even if a receiver is NFL open further up field. I am not sold that a coach change fixes all of his timing or accuracy issues but if they are going to extend him then making a change to see if we can be more productive on offense is the smart play. Linehan's biggest issue is running certain plays for only 1 formation/ personnel group unlike the rams who use the same formation, same wr movement, and run multiple play options off of that.