Video: BST: Tavon Austin Could Spark Cowboys Offense in Playoffs

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tavon Austin Could Spark Cowboys Offense in Playoffs

JJT_and_Paul.jpg

While the Cowboys have wrapped up the NFC East, they still have things to work on in the regular season finale Sunday against the Giants. NBC 5 Cowboys Insider Jean-Jacques Taylor tells Paul Jones one of those things is to find out what Tavon Austin can add to the offense.

Read Full Story

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I believe he was the leading receiver on the team before his injury

No. He had seven catches in six games. He did have one of our few deep catches at that time, the 64-yarder vs. New York. (He had six carries.)

Beasley had 26 catches through the first six games. Austin was tied with Gallup for second, but Thompson and Hurns also were around the same range.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Wouldn't be suprised if him and Irving dont play again this year. No point in keeping Austin after this year. Only worth keep irving If hes cheap.

Zman5

Reaction score
He could actually be very helpful in the redzone. As a decoy and a runner. Remember the TD he scored when Zeke tossed the ball back to him?

cds99

Reaction score
Wouldn't be suprised if him and Irving dont play again this year. No point in keeping Austin after this year. Only worth keep irving If hes cheap.

I bet Irving hits FA and gets a sizable contract. Dallas won't pay him I don't think.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I wouldnt expect anything from him ,he really had a bad injury and will limit his explosiveness..

Mr_437

Reaction score
Austin is not the fix. Tavon can add a dimension, but not enough to overcome this offense's shortcomings.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I bet Irving hits FA and gets a sizable contract. Dallas won't pay him I don't think.

If your definition of sizable is vet min plus incentives, then yeah. I doubt any team is willing to fork out big bucks for a guy who doesn't even show up to practice and the previous team had no idea where he was and couldn't get in touch with him according to rumor. Throw in past drug use along with mental issues and a significant other who is a certified nut case who is out to ruin his life.

I hope Irving turns his life around like Gregory hopefully has and signs with the Cowboys next year. I doubt any other teams will be much interested.

bodi

Reaction score
I won't count on him a gimmick player IMO

and can not stay healthy

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No. He had seven catches in six games. He did have one of our few deep catches at that time, the 64-yarder vs. New York. (He had six carries.)
Very productive per touch run or catch. He should have gotten the ball more. About a jillion times better than having Jourdan Lewis run/fake jet sweeps.

I'm hoping we keep him for next year. I think he really complements our base offense.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Im interested in seeing how he fits with Cooper on board and drawing attention as well as gallup getting hit deep on occasion. With austens speed its hard to not think of him not having space and opportunity.

I also agree with the abobe poster, he brings the jet sweet/fake back to life as he is a better option and doesnt have to just come in or out for a singlr play.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This is rich.

The same guy that was the leader of a receiving crew that was "dragging Prescott down", is now the anointed catalyst that is going to propel this offense to new heights in the postseason. Whoda thunk?

For Dak sniffers, 2 months ago before the AC trade, Austin's lack of impact and ability was the weekly excuse to prop up Prescott.

Now, Tavon is the great hope again?

You gotta love it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Beasley had 26 catches through the first six games. Austin was tied with Gallup for second, but Thompson and Hurns also were around the same range.

they were still trying to figure a lot of things out as the team was still struggling, with out a #1 WR. How about seeing how he does with Cooper in there.