BTB: 14 CBs prospects for the Cowboys and when they should target them

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Unless a guy like Greedy falls to 58, one of these guys could very well be our 3rd or 4th round pick

2019 NFL Draft: 14 cornerback prospects for the Cowboys and when they should target them
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...erback-prospects-for-the-cowboys-and-when-the

There’s a good chance the Cowboys take a cornerback in the upcoming draft, but when?
By DannyPhantom@DannyPhantom24 Apr 19, 2019, 12:00pm CDT
The draft is just a week away and it’s only a matter of time before the Dallas Cowboys have a new crop of rookies joining their football team. The front office has done a great job filling holes in free agency so the team can now concentrate on selecting good players. Sure, there are some positions that would be more advantageous to grab a top talent, but the team will not let that control their decision making process. Many positions are fair game, including cornerback.

Despite spending a lot of draft resources on the cornerback position in the 2017 draft, the team must look to replenish this group as their young corners play out their rookie contract. Byron Jones will be playing on his fifth-year option. Anthony Brown is in the last year of his deal. And both Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis will become free agents after the 2020 season. The team would be wise to get ahead of things and start stockpiling for the future. It’s very possible that a cornerback is the top player on their board at some point, but who are those players and where would they likely be drafted? Here are 14 potential candidates for the Cowboys spread out through all the rounds where they draft

Sydla

Reaction score
Missing some names so curious as to why they picked these guys.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yes, Stephen Denmark. They have him as a 5th rounder.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The draft is not about one year
The thinking is jones is about the be a FA or extended the the others start playing out
I don’t know about at 58 but I do think we add a CB and it’s a smart move

ooo good, this way if we lose another season we can say but we got another CB so you know, we got that.

we need a DT or S over CB. nothing agaist you personally, and im ok if they take a cb but tell the fans, dont worry we re not taking the season serious, we re just drafting for fun. Cb isnt going to stuff the run, they arent going to play S. So with our needs, CB at 58 sound like something we need to win or get the team straight for this season?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I doubt he's even on the Cowboys board. He doesn't have the size requirements. They already have a guy that size who can cover and he rarely gets on the field.
That's a different issue which I 100% disagree with lol...

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
ooo good, this way if we lose another season we can say but we got another CB so you know, we got that.

we need a DT or S over CB. nothing agaist you personally, and im ok if they take a cb but tell the fans, dont worry we re not taking the season serious, we re just drafting for fun. Cb isnt going to stuff the run, they arent going to play S. So with our needs, CB at 58 sound like something we need to win or get the team straight for this season?

This

conner01

Reaction score

At 58 they need to take the best player
But at some point they better get a CB because we have most of ours near the end of their rookie deals and this draft has some depth at CB
I worry more about them taking a DT because we need one because that’s how you get Taco’s and Ekubons

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The draft is not about one year
The thinking is jones is about the be a FA or extended the the others start playing out
I don’t know about at 58 but I do think we add a CB and it’s a smart move

Yep, Jones and Brown are soon to be free agents and both cannot be signed. I doubt it will be at 58, but I do think the team sees CB as a big need for the future.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
But at some point they better get a CB because we have most of ours near the end of their rookie deals and this draft has some depth at CB
I worry more about them taking a DT because we need one because that’s how you get Taco’s and Ekubons

We took Taco Bell when that pick should have been someone else.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

what if BPA is a RB or center? no this roster isnt strong enough for BPA, BPA is when you either have a really good team or a really bad team. We are middle of the road with some needs. WE cant jam another CB in a crowded room. maybe next year. we also dont have room for projects. depth maybe, but not at our first pick.