BTB: 14 CBs prospects for the Cowboys and when they should target them

kskboys

Reaction score
Great, more CB's.

What's up w/ this obsession w/ CB's? We are loaded at that position, why in the world would we go CB early?

Drinking while posting? I am guilty of that myself sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
At 58 they need to take the best player
But at some point they better get a CB because we have most of ours near the end of their rookie deals and this draft has some depth at CB
I worry more about them taking a DT because we need one because that’s how you get Taco’s and Ekubons
Do you worry about needing a CB, because that's how we got Mo and Brandon Carr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Great, more CB's.

What's up w/ this obsession w/ CB's? We are loaded at that position, why in the world would we go CB early?

Drinking while posting? I am guilty of that myself sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are a Byron Jones away from being iffy at that position. What you can’t do is let Byron walk and then draft a corner to replace him. That person needs to already be on the team. Anthony Brown and Byron aren’t going to be here much longer and Jourdan Lewis doesn’t seem to be in our long term plans.

conner01

Reaction score
Do you worry about needing a CB, because that's how we got Mo and Brandon Carr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don’t worry about reaching for future needs
We’ve always made mistakes when we’ve reached for immediate needs

conner01

Reaction score
Yep, Jones and Brown are soon to be free agents and both cannot be signed. I doubt it will be at 58, but I do think the team sees CB as a big need for the future.
Exactly
The draft isn’t about one year
Few players are gonna make a big impact their first year anyway

kskboys

Reaction score
We are a Byron Jones away from being iffy at that position. What you can’t do is let Byron walk and then draft a corner to replace him. That person needs to already be on the team. Anthony Brown and Byron aren’t going to be here much longer and Jourdan Lewis doesn’t seem to be in our long term plans.
We're already iffy at DT and TE and S and backup LB. And backup Rb and possibly backup QB.

So, we should take backups high in the draft? Hey, I got no problem throwing a 5th at a CB, that's fine. However, this draft is stacked w/ DT's and if we don't parttake, it's just beyond stupid.

conner01

Reaction score
Fred, Martin, Tyron, DLaw, LVE, and DLaw were mistakes?
Martin was anything but a need pick. Most of the board didn’t like it initially. Half this board thought Fred was over drafted but he was the highest rated player at his position
Taco was a mistake, he wasn’t even close to the best player but he filled a need
That’s a reach just like ekubon and many others
Reaching is drafting a guy for need and passing on a player you have higher on your board
Tyron was the top tackle in the draft so hard to say he was a reach

kskboys

Reaction score
Martin was anything but a need pick. Most of the board didn’t like it initially. Half this board thought Fred was over drafted but he was the highest rated player at his position
Taco was a mistake, he wasn’t even close to the best player but he filled a need
That’s a reach just like ekubon and many others
Reaching is drafting a guy for need and passing on a player you have higher on your board
Tyron was the top tackle in the draft so hard to say he was a reach
Martin wasn't a need pick? I think you don't pay much attention to our roster!!!!!

Taco was very close to BPA, but that isn't fitting your narrative, so let's declare him not BPA!!!!!!

Tyron's rating was all over the board. Calling him BPA is really reaching.

Fred was a pure need pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We're already iffy at DT and TE and S and backup LB. And backup Rb and possibly backup QB.

So, we should take backups high in the draft? Hey, I got no problem throwing a 5th at a CB, that's fine. However, this draft is stacked w/ DT's and if we don't parttake, it's just beyond stupid.
We aren’t iffy at DT or safety though. This team likes what it has there. You guys may not like Heath but they clearly do.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I know Brugler has suggested this and I agree.....Marvell Tell would be a nice get in the fourth/fifth and immediately moved to cb.

conner01

Reaction score
Martin wasn't a need pick? I think you don't pay much attention to our roster!!!!!

Taco was very close to BPA, but that isn't fitting your narrative, so let's declare him not BPA!!!!!!

Tyron's rating was all over the board. Calling him BPA is really reaching.

Fred was a pure need pick.
It’s not about need
It’s about picking good players
If you fill a need and get good players that’s great
When you reach to fill a need you get taco
Tyron was the top left tackle in the draft the year he was picked

kskboys

Reaction score
We aren’t iffy at DT or safety though. This team likes what it has there. You guys may not like Heath but they clearly do.
We are very iffy at DT and S. Just because the team likes what it has there does not mean we are not iffy. We've been completely inept at building the DLine and S position for many, many years now.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s not about need
It’s about picking good players
If you fill a need and get good players that’s great
When you reach to fill a need you get taco
Tyron was the top left tackle in the draft the year he was picked
Tyron was a project pick that worked out. Many had Solder and Costanzo ahead of him. He was far from BPA.

And when you take BPA, you don't get better.

Seriously, you need a combination of both needs and BPA. Why in the world would you use only one strategy at this level? That makes no sense at all.

And there's actually no such thing as BPA. Draft prospects are prospects, w/ many different ratings. What's much more important than BPA is a close study of a player's skillset and how it will translate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We are very iffy at DT and S. Just because the team likes what it has there does not mean we are not iffy. We've been completely inept at building the DLine and S position for many, many years now.
Yeah but if the team doesn't acknowledge they are iffy there than I'm gonna assume those aren't going to be position of needs in the draft. Not in the 2nd round anyway unless someone falls.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah but if the team doesn't acknowledge they are iffy there than I'm gonna assume those aren't going to be position of needs in the draft. Not in the 2nd round anyway unless someone falls.
Gawd we're stupid.