BTB: 6 years ago Sunday was Romo’s duel against Peyton Manning

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lmao. So midway through his release he should've felt his foot being stepped on and pulled the ball back down? Go outside and try pulling the ball back down midway bud. Jesus.
My point was that he threw it. Whether it was pressure, avoiding a sack, getting hit, whatever - it happens.
Some fans react as if he got hit by a bus.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo's losses are always celebrated for some reason within the Cowboys fanbase. Dude gets more passes than anyone I have ever seen for never accomplishing anything.
I mean it’s because he didn’t have many big wins so we celebrate this crap. I loved Romo but not to the extent of celebrating a loss in a game where he threw a pick.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I mean it’s because he didn’t have many big wins so we celebrate this crap. I loved Romo but not to the extent of celebrating a loss in a game where he threw a pick.

If this loss was celebrated, then why not celebrate the Steelers loss in 2008 while we are at it? That was a great game. And ended the same way. Romo throwing a pick at the end to seal our fate. I actually preferred that game much more. Offensive explosions with zero offense at all get boring.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If this loss was celebrated, then why not celebrate the Steelers loss in 2008 while we are at it? That was a great game. And ended the same way. Romo throwing a pick at the end to seal our fate. I actually preferred that game much more. Offensive explosions with zero offense at all get boring.
Somehow his retirement elevated him into legendary status. I was a huge fan, but the failed gunslinging was heartbreaking.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We put up with a lot in that era. PreRomo and during his career. Some of that heartbreak was unfair.
Good lord, between Aikman and Romo was a straight up nightmare.