` BTB: An alarming trend for the Cowboys young quarterback: the curious case of Dakota Prescott

JustChip

Reaction score
Didn't help, but Dak had been displaying these tendencies from the beginning.

Seeing that 2016 OT play to Witten looked eerily like a lot of last Sunday. He got some pressure and immediately pulled the ball and his eyes down and started looking to run (not unexpected for a rookie). Fortunately, in 2016 he ran around enough and managed to see Witten all alone. That didn't happen last week. But the salient point is he's in his 3rd year and still looks like a rookie, at least for the first game. The team is tied to him this year, so we'll know by the end of the year, but if this continues unaltered, it'll be time for the Dak-era to come to a close.

cristglo

Reaction score
Doesnt have the tools! When he doesnt have time to set his feet his arm is very weak.
If you re watch the game there were plenty of open receivers Dak for some reason didnt trust his arm. yes the Ol did break down at times but that is not what cost us the game. Dak had poor mechanics was off didnt see the field held onto the ball way to long. Four of the sacks that he took were on Him not the OL. Sorry but Moore is not a QB coach. also saying Dak doesnt have the Arm well look at he had the Arm then??

cristglo

Reaction score
Im in no way trading a 2nd for Jacoby thats insane! If I was going to go for a QB i would wait until the draft. Im also not ready to give up on Dak. I think he has the chance to rebound Now if he doesnt improve and we are 0-4 Im riding the season out with him and preparing for the draft. No Way do you trade a 2nd for a QB that you wouldnt consider a franchise starter. Thats just crazy. ET maybe JB NO

Hadenough

Reaction score
If you re watch the game there were plenty of open receivers Dak for some reason didnt trust his arm. yes the Ol did break down at times but that is not what cost us the game. Dak had poor mechanics was off didnt see the field held onto the ball way to long. Four of the sacks that he took were on Him not the OL. Sorry but Moore is not a QB coach. also saying Dak doesnt have the Arm well look at he had the Arm then??
Dak can throw down field in perfect condition but against good defenses condition s are rarely perfect. He has never had the arm to put the ball 20 yards down field into man to man coverage. The harder he tries to throw the ball the less accurate he is. You just can't throw 20-25 yards into windows of zone coverage either. His ball floats and will get picked off.

exciter

Reaction score
Has anyone thought that maybe them not hiring a real QB coach with some QB coaching experience might be one of the problems?
No! Because qb coach is an entry level coaching position that's basic purpose is to be a therapist and intermediary between the qb and the offensive coordinator. After hearing numerous people discuss the man as a football genius who's future was predestined to be in coaching over the last 3 years, it seemed to be the obvious and logical choice, especially since they already had a working relationship established over the last 2 years!

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Everyone looking to trade for Brissett, yet he has the same tendency to hold the ball. The guy that should've been on this roster years ago is AJ Mccarron. Couldve and should've drafted him back in 14' , I mean the guy went in the 5th round. Sure illItakeI a flyer on him over something called Devin Street.

cristglo

Reaction score
No! Because qb coach is an entry level coaching position that's basic purpose is to be a therapist and intermediary between the qb and the offensive coordinator. After hearing numerous people discuss the man as a football genius who's future was predestined to be in coaching over the last 3 years, it seemed to be the obvious and logical choice, especially since they already had a working relationship established over the last 2 years!

Really Thats what your understanding of what a QB coach is?
basic purpose is to be a therapist and intermediary between the qb and the offensive coordinator
Wow dont even know what to say to that lol

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Has anyone thought that maybe them not hiring a real QB coach with some QB coaching experience might be one of the problems?
There a reason he had his most successful time when Romo was giving him pointers and the gameplan

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Im in no way trading a 2nd for Jacoby thats insane! If I was going to go for a QB i would wait until the draft. Im also not ready to give up on Dak. I think he has the chance to rebound Now if he doesnt improve and we are 0-4 Im riding the season out with him and preparing for the draft. No Way do you trade a 2nd for a QB that you wouldnt consider a franchise starter. Thats just crazy. ET maybe JB NO
Brissett is a starting quality NFL QB, crazy is thinking a safety is more valuable than a QB, especially when you don't have one on your roster.

lk8701

Reaction score
Dak is a 4th round talent and he is playing like one.

GenoT

Reaction score
Considering we don’t have a real GM or a real head coach either, how much difference will a QB coach actually make, as far as DC ever winning another Super Bowl?

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
No disrespect but what was the Colts record last season?
How horrible was the offensive line? Yet he never played rattled. Look at Brissett's highlights from last year, and tell me he doesn't make at least 5 throws Dak could only dream of making, hell half the QB in the league could dream of making.

visionary

Reaction score

Brisset is a better QB than Dak
The real problem is that he would still be saddled with a garbage coaching staff