News: BTB: Cole Beasley: “Honestly, the front office pushes who they want to get the ball to.”

NewsBot

Reaction score
usa_today_11724013.0.jpg

Cole Beasley isn’t shy about expressing his opinions.

One of the biggest fan favorite Dallas Cowboys over the last few seasons has undoubtedly been wide receiver Cole Beasley.

Beasley is a hometown guy having played high school football at Little Elm and college ball at SMU. He’s spent his entire professional career with the Cowboys, a reality that looks to be in jeopardy this offseason as the team will have to decide whether or not they want to bring him back.

Whether he stays or goes, Beasley dropped some interesting thoughts on the disposition of the front office on Tuesday. According to him, they are the ones who push where targets on the field.

Honestly, the front office pushes who they want to get the ball to. I haven’t been a huge priority in that regard. Maybe that will change but I’m not sure. More balls come my way in 2 minute drill where nothing is planned. https://t.co/ioih9BJJv1

— Cole Beasley (@Bease11) January 22, 2019

There’s no denying that Beasley’s targets dipped once the Cowboys traded for Amari Cooper. That’s the reality of the game, though. Dallas acquired an elite top wide receiver which effected how everybody else played.

Everybody wants to be involved, that doesn’t make Beasley wrong. It’s respectable that he wants to have his football career be meaningful. We can all understand that. There are a lot of people reading into this thinking that it’s a sure sign that he’s leaving, but he did note that that might necessarily be the case.

Doesn’t mean I’m gone. I’ll play anywhere where I can make more of an impact. I would love for that to be Dallas or anywhere else that will give me more pops to make an impact. I just wanna ball. It’s hard with 3 to 4 opps a game. https://t.co/zImZKxkAvD

— Cole Beasley (@Bease11) January 22, 2019

For what it’s worth Beasley was targeted 87 times this season, good for 5.4 per game.

Continue reading...