News: BTB: Cowboys at Vikings second injury report: Dak Prescott “pushed it” in today’s practice,

NewsBot

Reaction score
usa_today_16977465.0.jpg

David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports

The news from the Cowboys most recent practice.

Yesterday, Dak Prescott took his first steps toward playing on Sunday night when he managed to participate somewhat in Wednesday’s practice. Prescott is nursing a calf strain suffered in the last game and so far, so good on his recovery. The Dallas Cowboys have been optimistic through the bye week that he would play, and as of now it seems he is on track. Yesterday produced no setbacks.

Cowboys QB Dak Prescott (calf) had a “good response to the work he did yesterday,” coach Mike McCarthy said. On a similar plan today: rehab work and then evaluate from there. Seeing a “measured” number of team-drill reps. “We’re trying to push it as far as we can right now.” pic.twitter.com/RRriMkKAfF

— Michael Gehlken (@GehlkenNFL) October 28, 2021

Prescott was back on the field today but was still listed as limited, which is likely to be his designation all week. Of course, if the decision was totally in Prescott's hands, there would be no decision at all.

“If it was my call, and if it was totally up to me,” Dak Prescott says he’d be playing. But he acknowledges that it’s a long season & the decision isn’t fully up to him.

He feels confident that he’s giving himself the best chance to play. pic.twitter.com/efI7U8SfNd

— David Helman (@HelmanDC) October 28, 2021

For the record, Prescott says he went all out in practice today. How he feels tomorrow will have a lot to do with whether he can play. He also mentioned he thinks the team will make the decision on Saturday.

Cowboys QB Dak Prescott: “Today, I pushed it. I didn’t go half or 75%.” Said there would be “no question” he would play Sunday at Vikings if it was a playoff game. Because it’s not, big-picture view will factor into team’s decision on whether he plays. pic.twitter.com/s40C1CEJXK

As for the rest of the team, not much has changed since yesterday. Tyron Smith, Trevon Diggs and Dorance Armstrong are still limited with ankle issues. Based on the last game, you would guess that Smith and Diggs will be fine to go. Armstrong maybe different.

Same injury report today for Cowboys following Thursday's practice. QB Dak Prescott (calf) remained a limited participant. https://t.co/Us8uCfXkuC

In non-injury news, we found out earlier today that Terence Steele will remain the starter at right tackle this week versus the Vikings. La’el Collins is back from suspension and practicing, but the coaches decided to stick with Steele for this week at minimum.

Continue reading...