News: BTB: Cowboys reportedly meeting with free agent G Marcus Martin, lose Kyle Wilber to Raiders

NewsBot

Reaction score
usa_today_10316529.0.jpg

Reserve linebacker Kyle Wilber has departed, and the Cowboys look for depth at guard.

The Cowboys are reportedly setting up a meeting with guard Marcus Martin from the Cleveland Browns.

G/C Marcus Martin will visit the Lions and Cowboys. Martin is a former third-round pick of the Niners. Started for parts of two seasons in SF. Spent last season with the Browns.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 17, 2018

Here’s a mini-report:

The 2014 third-round pick out of USC spent the first three-seasons of his career with the 49ers, including a 2015 campaign where he started 14 games. However, the lineman only played in four games (two starts) in 2016 before landing on the injured reserve. After being waived by San Francisco last offseason, he was claimed by the Browns. He ultimately didn’t take the field for a single game for Cleveland.

Considering Martin’s ability to play both offensive guard and center, he’d be an easy fit as a reserve for any team.

The Cowboys look to be trying to shore up some depth at guard, with more moves likely to come, especially in the draft.

The Cowboys also lost another free agent. Reserve linebacker and occasional special teams star Kyle Wilber will join the Raiders. Oakland already grabbed Cowboys fullback Keith Smith. Former Cowboys special teams coach Rich Bisaccia is picking up his guys in Oakland.

After losing Anthony Hitchens and Wilber, Dallas will have to do some work to re-stock their linebacker depth, and have someone ready in case Sean Lee or Jaylon Smith have injury issues.

Continue reading...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I had a pretty strong hunch Wilber was gonna roll on out,we got some position problems mounting up.