News: BTB: Cowboys WR Michael Gallup sets individual goal for rookie season

NewsBot

Reaction score
usa_today_10849441.0.jpg

Cowboys’ rookie wide receiver Michael Gallup will be asked to play a large role in year one for the team, and he’s setting his own personal goal.

As Cowboys minicamp comes to a close, the DallasCowboys.com media team always does an excellent job of getting interviews with some of the key players on the team. Rookie-wide receiver Michael Gallup spoke with the media yesterday, after minicamp practice. He had a lot to say.

A lot of the questions that were first asked of the former Colorado State receiver involved his confidence level, the competition at the position, and even some questions regarding his pet horse Dan, that he has had since a kid. But the one that stood out to me the most was his answer to the question, “have you set individual goals, do you have individual goals?”. Gallup’s response was very humble, and fell right in line with the “right kind of guy” mentality that coach Jason Garrett preaches.

“Honestly, my only individual goal right now is to be able to play on that 53-man roster when we play the Panthers, that’s what I’m trying to get to right now.”

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/michael-gallup-goals-for-rookie-season

For a guy that was drafted in the top 100 to a team that doesn’t have a true WR1, Gallup should have little concern about making the 53-man roster, but the humbleness of the 22-year old receiver is something that you notice when hearing him speak to the media. Michael Gallup has some big shoes to fill, but his skill-set and his mentality makes one believe he will have little issues making a big contribution to the Cowboys offense in 2018.

Continue reading...