News: BTB: Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: They Said What ?!?

NewsBot

Reaction score
gyi0063295569.0_standard_400.0.jpg

DeMarco Murray with only a two- or three-year window? - Rotoworld.com
Evan Silva discusses every NFC team in his June Team-by-Team NFC Notes and has some disconcerting thoughts about DeMarco Murray:

Much like Darren McFadden, however, Murray is a stiff, straight-linish, high-cut back who will likely always struggle with injury. This was one longtime NFL scout's assessment of Murray coming out of Oklahoma in 2011: "If you don't have the ability to make guys miss, you're going to take a lot of punishment. A downhill, one-cut runner might only have a two- or three-year window. This is not an elusive guy who has a lot of shift to his game."

Tate would give Harbaugh 'the Sean Lee treatment' - MyNorthwest.com
Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate referenced Sean Lee when asked what he would do if we were line up across from 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh.

The "Sean Lee treatment" refers to a viscous blind-side block Tate threw on Dallas' middle linebacker, a hit that was so hard it sent Lee into the air and onto his backside, briefly knocking him out of the game. After the hit, Tate celebrated the hit by strutting and flexing his muscles while Lee was still on the ground.

Tate was subsequently fined by the NFL, and the fact that he still takes pride in that hit further cements the NFC West's hold on the title of douchiest division in the NFL.

ESPN still identifies "Pacman" Jones As a Former Dallas Cowboy - ********
******** has a video segment that aired on ESPN in which Adam Jones is identified as a "former Dallas Cowboy". In a tumultuous NFL career that began in 2005, Jones has played in 60 games, but in only nine for the Cowboys. He has been a member of the Bengals for three years, played for the Titans for two years, but only played part of one season for the Cowboys. Perhaps ESPN was unaware of these facts. But I don't think so.

She said "Yes!" to Cowboys LB Alex Albright ...

Sorry fellas, @CourtneyAteyeh said yes and is officially all mine! #ENGAGED !!! pic.twitter.com/ZUEArmYUbW

Alex Albright (@albrigha98) June 22, 2013

Red Bank's Tim Benford eyes breakout NFL season - WRCBtv.com
Tim Benford sat out OTAs after arthroscopic knee surgery but will be good to go by training camp. And Benford, who spent 2012 on the Cowboys practice squad, is looking for a "breakout season" this year and knows that complacency is not an option:

"Everybody is trying to eat, they're coming for your job everyday. You gotta stay hungry everyday. Just hungry and ready," said Benford.

"I'm gonna keep going until my tank runs out. Until they kick me off the field, I'm gonna give them all I got. Every time I get on the field I'm gonna keep pushing. I want it, I want it for my family. I just want to change lives that's all."

Theismann defends the Commanders name - ProFootballTalk
Theisman thinks he's helping out in the name debate, but is doing the exact opposite.

"I can just tell you that when I put that uniform on, and I put that helmet on with the Commander logo on it, I felt like I was representing more than the Washington Commanders, I was representing the great Native American nations that exist in this country."

Did Aikman feel like he was representing people on horseback herding and tending cattle? Did Daunte Culpepper feel a particular kinship for people of Scandinavian descent? Did Phil Simms worry about the plight of vertically unchallenged people? I don't think so. So why would Theisman feel that way about the Commanders team name? Unless...

star_medium.gif

Profound thoughts from Cowboys players:

That moment you realize your rim size is bigger than your age ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #Chevy #Camaro #SS http://t.co/55APYyFO8v

Sterling Moore (@SterlingMoore) June 22, 2013

@demarcusware NFL's leader in sacks will receive the Deacon Jones Award beginning this season http://t.co/m4vaUOeQnR"

Kyle Wilber (@KWilber51) June 22, 2013

star_medium.gif

More Cowboys Coverage:

Continue reading...