News: BTB: DeMarcus Lawrence has been playing with torn labrum in shoulder for two years, David

NewsBot

Reaction score
usa_today_11352236.0.jpg

We get some updates on a couple of Cowboys defensive linemen.

A week ago DeMarcus Lawrence had the outright lead in sacks across the NFL. While he’s no longer the leader of the pack, he’s still near the top and it’s something that changes throughout the year.

Tank entered the game in Houston last week coming off of a hat trick of sacks but was unable to get to Deshaun Watson for even a single one. We found out on Friday that he’s been battling an injury so that might give him a pass in your eyes, but just know that he’s been dealing with it for two years now. Also, know that it sounds painful.

Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence said he has a torn labrum in his shoulder and has been playing through it for two years. Said he'd think about possibly having surgery to repair it this offseason. Said he was in a lot of pain Sunday at Houston but feels much better now.

— Brandon George (@DMN_George) October 12, 2018

Lawrence said he was basically crying on the sideline after a hit on Deshaun Watson last week. https://t.co/ZYo3zeS4bn

— David Helman (@HelmanDC) October 12, 2018

Lawrence is playing on the franchise tag this season and is obviously going to want a long-term contract once it’s over. If he has a shoulder issue going on that has sustained damage for over two years, that would cause teams in free agency or the Cowboys to want to take a close look at the repair.

Of course, Cowboys fans are hoping he gets back to form and puts up the proper numbers in the right places. He’s the unquestioned leader of the defensive line, the “war daddy” Jerry Jones has sought for so long, if he feels like it isn’t an issue for now that’s his call.

David Irving feels good, there’s even a snap range for him on Sunday

Something that helps any good defensive lineman is the presence of another. It looks like David Irving is going to make his season debut for the Cowboys against Jacksonville, and it looks like the Cowboys want to keep him a bit limited.

Irving said the coaches want to play him 10-15 snaps Sunday. "That's what they say now but if it's a close game, I know good and well Marinelli is going to be sending me out there & putting me through the ringer. I'm ready for it."

— Kate Hairopoulos (@khairopoulos) October 12, 2018

The Cowboys are in sore need of help at defensive tackle because all of theirs are literally sore. Irving will provide a much-needed boost along the interior of things while Tank and friends take care of the outside.

Continue reading...