BTB: Don’t overlook how good the Cowboys have been under Scott Linehan

waving monkey

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys had a letdown season and fans everywhere are evaluating and assigning blame. Maybe they want Jason Garrett fired? Or cut loose the once beloved All-Pro receiver, Dez Bryant? At the very least, a change in the play-calling and offensive philosophy for something fresh and innovative? Recently, our own Michael Sisemore came out and said what a lot of Cowboys fans are saying - It’s time for the Cowboys to fire Scott Linehan. There was no beating around the bush on that one. And the comment section was filled with resounding high fives as fans would have signed a petition to oust him right then and there if they could.

As for me, I wouldn’t lay down my John Hancock just

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-dallas-cowboys-have-been-under-scott-linehan

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can find stats in situations to prove your point no matter what angle you have on what player or coach you're talking about.

But sooner or later people have to start trusting their eyes.
The fact that this offense shows up to play a game and makes mistakes throughout the first quarter at times .

it's a sign of bad coaching.
Lack of adjustments when things aren't working and at the same time adjusting to something else when things are going well.
I can tell you over the years we've been running the ball well and Linehan goes away from it because his Mantra is and this is important.
"A short passing game is better than a running game" that's not a word for word quote but it is his philosophy he has said so.
The last couple years defenses have figured out how to stifle his offense, they just move everybody up and challenge them to throw deep if you don't have a threat at wide receiver and they're not afraid you're going to get behind them you're screwed.
Anyway I've had enough of this guy I had enough back in 2015.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
2016 version was fine.

2017...not as much.

2016 was overrated by a very easy schedule. I said early on that the 2017 schedule was MUCH more difficult. And given the lack of attempts to actually improve the team in the offseason, combined with hot swapping on the offensive line, and the suspension of Elliott? It was very predictable what would happen this year.

silver

Reaction score
Has a head coach fired so many coordinators before getting fired himself?

Ever?
This ^.

There's no point in firing the coordinators if you're keeping the head coach who's responsible for both units. If we're keeping Garret we should keep the coordinators. The same applies to firing the HC and keeping the GM, but unfortunately that is a pipe dream here.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
yeah he has been really good some regular season stats in two different seasons other than that not so much

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Here's the average Scott Linehan redzone drive.

Run Zeke 6 yards
Run Zeke 5 yards
Run Zeke 9 yards
Pass to Witten 5 yards
Run Zeke 4 yards
Run Zeke 9 yards
Run Zeke 7 yards
Run Zeke 4 yards
First down inside 20
Pass incomplete
Pass to Beasley 8 yards
Pass incomplete