BTB: Don’t overlook how good the Cowboys have been under Scott Linehan

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is stupid, Dak was making those same decisions in 2016 as in 2017 when they were scoring 30 a game before Zeke suspension. So he must have been making good decisions. You find the one time it didn't work to complain.

No, what's actually "stupid" is misrepresenting facts. Such as the fact that the same run-pass option that failed and cost them touchdowns in week one was still in use in week sixteen. That's not the "one time" you're attempting to describe here. That's the same stupidity occurring from the beginning of the season to the end. Learning nothing from past mistakes.

Nobody care about the times it did work. Also they were 6th in red zone scoring. Zeke was making good decisions

I gave you two clear bookends for where it didn't work. If you want to claim it did, cite concrete examples of those, instead of trying to credit them with everything that did go well. Back up your claims.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Problem is some circumstances require "run only" plays with no pass option IMO. Romo was accused of this too. QB's like to put it in their hands instead of the RB inside the 5 way too much.
Beasley was wide open in the end zone but Dak can't see the field and he wanted to run it in himself.

I don't love Linehan but our biggest problem on offense is QB.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Beasley was wide open in the end zone but Dak can't see the field and he wanted to run it in himself.

I don't love Linehan but our biggest problem on offense is QB.

No, it''s our offense gameplan that every defense on the other side knows 1st hand.

Dre11

Reaction score
The problem was they let Dak make decisions at the line and he stinks at it.

Linehan is ok. Garrett and the QB are the issues.

He does? They are 6th in the red zone, and for the 1000th time they were scoring 30 a game before Zeke suspension. I'd say Dak didn't suck at it.

Dre11

Reaction score
No, what's actually "stupid" is misrepresenting facts. Such as the fact that the same run-pass option that failed and cost them touchdowns in week one was still in use in week sixteen. That's not the "one time" you're attempting to describe here. That's the same stupidity occurring from the beginning of the season to the end. Learning nothing from past mistakes.

I gave you two clear bookends for where it didn't work. If you want to claim it did, cite concrete examples of those, instead of trying to credit them with everything that did go well. Back up your claims.

So for them to be 6th in the red zone, means they were highly effective when in the red zone. So let's see, 2 times it didn't work as with every freaking play run pass option or not, sometimes they work sometimes they do. Again it stupid to complain when they've been effective in the red zone

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So for them to be 6th in the red zone, means they were highly effective when in the red zone. So let's see, 2 times it didn't work as with every freaking play run pass option or not, sometimes they work sometimes they do.

Effective, not run pass option effective. An obvious distinction that you don't want to accept.

Again it stupid to complain when they've been effective in the red zone

Again, what's "stupid" is to throw out a blanket statement that because selective red zone numbers show success, that the run-pass crap is a good idea. And it's notable that you have no examples to support your contention.

Dre11

Reaction score
Effective, not run pass option effective. An obvious distinction that you don't want to accept.

Again, what's "stupid" is to throw out a blanket statement that because selective red zone numbers show success, that the run-pass crap is a good idea. And it's notable that you have no examples to support your contention.

If it wasn't a good idea or effective, every freaking professional OC would scrap it. Yet every Oc with a young mobile qb use them. Use your head, people are *****ing because it didn't work a couple times that's plain stupid.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it wasn't a good idea or effective, every freaking professional OC would scrap it. Yet every Oc with a young mobile qb use them. Use your head, people are *****ing because it didn't work a couple times that's plain stupid.

Yep. "Everyone" is using it. Following Dallas' incredible lead. Using it just like the Cowboys.

Don't mention anyone "using their head" when all you've got is this.

You're embarrassing yourself.

:facepalm:

Dre11

Reaction score
Yep. "Everyone" is using it. Following Dallas' incredible lead. Using it just like the Cowboys.

Don't mention anyone "using their head" when all you've got is this.

You're embarrassing yourself.

You're embarrassing yourself. Tell me Einstein. What's the reason for all these coordinators using Rpos? I'll tell you, it's an effective concept.

Learn something

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...s-option-rpo-aaron-rodgers-ben-roethlisberger

:facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nobody's talking about "the concept", but even you knew that. We're talking about proper time and place. But again, even you knew that.

But in your rush to argue, you try to jump from one point to another, all the while supporting none.

Your tact is not new.

And if this is your approach, I predict that your stay will be short.

Dre11

Reaction score
Nobody's talking about "the concept", but even you knew that. We're talking about proper time and place. But again, even you knew that.

But in your rush to argue, you try to jump from one point to another, all the while supporting none.

Your tact is not new.

And if this is your approach, I predict that your stay will be short.

Even more stupidity, the best time to use it is down around the goal line when you have teams loading the box to stop the run.