BTB: Gil Brandt ranked his top five Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks, Prescott was three and Romo 5

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Because it’s already been posted not long ago and you’re clearly trolling? Are you going senile? It wasn’t even that long ago and you posted in the thread. You really can’t find something else for your daily Dak spam?
Really? What thread? The very same subject material?

Creeper

Reaction score
Its hard to rank Dak in this group considering they all had full careers while Dak is just getting started. But take Dak out and I think GB has it right. I can see putting Dak above White and Romo though. None of them won a SB. But I just don;t think Dak has enough of a record to compare to Romo and White.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
This is BS.

Dez has a much higher career passer rating than all of these clowns

John813

Reaction score
I mean it would feel weird putting him ahead Aikman and Roger. Romo doesn’t hold the same weight as those two.

Romo(and White) doesn't but has accomplished more to date, obviously due to playing time, compared to Prescott.

Prescott may end up surpassing Romo in records, playoff wins(hopefully lol) and other accolades. But I still say up till now, Dak Prescott deserves an asterisk next to his name when comparing him to other notable QB's this team has had whose careers are finished.

There's no way I can agree that Prescott's first 4 years here is better than Romo's/White's total lifetime of play here.

johneric8

Reaction score
I agree with Gil.....
This can't be true, I heard here Dak barely qualifies as a bus driver!

In all honesty, I agree with gill that Dak is better than romo for the sheer reason that he is way more stable and less prone to mistakes. Romo was known for his hudini type plays but I've seen Dak make some as well. Dak is just more well rounded in his ability to run and lead men.

johneric8

Reaction score
I will start by saying I like Dak as a QB and feel that a team can be successful with him. Having said that it is insane to put him ahead of Romo at this point. Romo spent almost 10 years well inside the top 10 in passer rating. Dak was inside the top 10 his first year when he was not being asked to do a lot and was a serious running threat. Since then he has been 18th, 14th and 10th. He has been quite simply average in his passing effectiveness.

Doesn't matter, the argument can made on what we've seen thus far in terms of talent evaluation. Dak is more complete, I see it for sure ...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Gil Brandt ranked his top five Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks, Dak Prescott was three and Tony Romo five
Legendary Gil Brandt weighs in on his former team’s quarterbacks.

• By RJ Ochoa
  • on February 19, 2020 4:30 pm
637339078.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Mitchell Leff/Getty Images

You would be hard-pressed to find someone in the history of the world that knows more about football, and specifically the Dallas Cowboys, than Pro Football hall of Famer Gil Brandt. When Mr. Brandt speaks, people listen. He remains one of the most influential voices in the NFL community and has one of the greatest scouting eyes that the game has ever seen.

• Roger Staubach
    • Troy Aikman
    • Danny White
    • Tony Romo
Mr. Brandt has both Prescott and Romo in his top five, but the former at third and the latter at fifth.

Spots one and two are taken by Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman, respectively, and Danny White even makes an appearance at number four. It truly is fascinating that Prescott would not only outrank Romo just four seasons in, but Danny White, too. It says a lot about how impressive Dak Prescott’s career has been to this point in time.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...cks-dak-prescott-was-three-and-tony-romo-five

Let the fun begin...:cool:

:popcorn:

It says more about how far Gil Brandt has fallen off.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I LOVED Danny White as a kid.

It wasn't until I was an adult that I could appreciate what a NOT good QB he actually was.

Interception machine.

Him being on this list and Meredith not is ridiculous.

Danny White was outstanding until about 1984, and then the decline was steep.

Blake

Reaction score
He loves the 4th quarter because thats when he gets to pile up all his garbage time stats.

I guess you forgot all Romo will ever be remembered for is compiling garbage time 4th quarter stats after getting his team down early in most of those games.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Gil is obviously scaling to win % and playoff success/wins.

Staubach won! Roger is easily 1. He won an insane 75% of his games and 2 SB. He missed the playoffs 1 season of his career.
That one is easy.

Troy with 3 SB's trumps anyone else. His winning % is actually pretty bad (57) but he was hurt by early and late team performance. Still 3 SBs and SB MVP.

After the SB winners it's all fair game.
Dak has won 63% of his games, 2 Division titles and 1 playoff game all before age 27.
Danny with fairly elite talent around him won 67% and went 5-5 in the playoffs but never won a SB.
He is an interesting study. Underrated in a lot of eyes but also had 132 INT which is a really high number for his passing yardage and TD comps.
Tony was passing yardage king but the team success never passed muster. 61% of his games won and only 2 playoff victories in his career.
Romo is also an interesting study for the passing is king guys. His most success came largely when they passed it less and ran it more.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
"Turn out the lights, the partys over"
"They say that all good things must end"
"Turn out the lights, the partys over."
"Give Dak his money, then simply bend".

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You call a 99.7 passer rating for Dak as "average"? And that's because his receivers led the league in drops (51)! Imagine if they had caught half of them (26)? Dak's passer rating would have been well above 110. But you're calling a 99.7 passer rating ... "average"?

:facepalm:
The standard is always changing. look up where he is among his peers. As I said he was very efficient his first season. 3rd in the league. Since then he has been 18th, 14th and 10th. But hey if you consider that to be lofty then I guess that is your prerogative.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I don't know If i can rank Dak top 5 just yet after only 1 playoff win. lets visit this in 4 more years and see what he has done during his 2nd contract. Until then hes just on the outside looking in at 6.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You call a 99.7 passer rating for Dak as "average"? And that's because his receivers led the league in drops (51)! Imagine if they had caught half of them (26)? Dak's passer rating would have been well above 110. But you're calling a 99.7 passer rating ... "average"?

:facepalm:
that same year Ryan Tannehill was 117.5.