BTB: Gil Brandt ranked his top five Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks, Prescott was three and Romo 5

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gil Brandt ranked his top five Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks, Dak Prescott was three and Tony Romo five
Legendary Gil Brandt weighs in on his former team’s quarterbacks.

• By RJ Ochoa
  • on February 19, 2020 4:30 pm
637339078.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Mitchell Leff/Getty Images

You would be hard-pressed to find someone in the history of the world that knows more about football, and specifically the Dallas Cowboys, than Pro Football hall of Famer Gil Brandt. When Mr. Brandt speaks, people listen. He remains one of the most influential voices in the NFL community and has one of the greatest scouting eyes that the game has ever seen.

• Roger Staubach
    • Troy Aikman
    • Danny White
    • Tony Romo
Mr. Brandt has both Prescott and Romo in his top five, but the former at third and the latter at fifth.

Spots one and two are taken by Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman, respectively, and Danny White even makes an appearance at number four. It truly is fascinating that Prescott would not only outrank Romo just four seasons in, but Danny White, too. It says a lot about how impressive Dak Prescott’s career has been to this point in time.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...cks-dak-prescott-was-three-and-tony-romo-five

Let the fun begin...:cool:

:popcorn:

HARD TO ARGUE WITH THAT GUY. Me personally...I would flip Danny with Dak. Danny never gets his due. LOVE DAK...but until he can duplicate what Danny white did , this is how I feel.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I'm not angry. Just befuddled at how you can't interpret them accurately.
On average, over his first 4 years, among his peers, Dak is the 11th most efficient QB in the NFL in terms of passer rating.

On average, over his career, among his peers, Romo was the 6th most efficient QB in the NFL in terms of passer rating.

Thats all I am saying.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Meredith and Aikman are tied for 2/3. White and Romo were not better than Don. Not close.
Meredith was very good, but he has no reasonable case to be ranked higher than them except pure Boomerism. Romo even has more playoff wins than him, and Romo is bashed for his playoff win total more than praised.

Reactions: BAT

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gil Brandt ranked his top five Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks, Dak Prescott was three and Tony Romo five

• By RJ Ochoa
637339078.jpg.0.jpg

You would be hard-pressed to find someone in the history of the world that knows more about football, and specifically the Dallas Cowboys, than Pro Football hall of Famer Gil Brandt. When Mr. Brandt speaks, people listen. He remains one of the most influential voices in the NFL community and has one of the greatest scouting eyes that the game has ever seen.

• Roger Staubach
    • Troy Aikman
    • Danny White
    • Tony Romo
Mr. Brandt has both Prescott and Romo in his top five, but the former at third and the latter at fifth.

Spots one and two are taken by Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman, respectively, and Danny White even makes an appearance at number four. It truly is fascinating that Prescott would not only outrank Romo just four seasons in, but Danny White, too. It says a lot about how impressive Dak Prescott’s career has been to this point in time.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...cks-dak-prescott-was-three-and-tony-romo-five

btw, gotta love those red white and blue helmets. Roger wears it well. Its rare to find a photo with them wearing them. How long did the team have those style helmets? Somebody let me know. I know it wasn't very long.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
On average, over his first 4 years, among his peers, Dak is the 11th most efficient QB in the NFL in terms of passer rating.

On average, over his career, among his peers, Romo was the 6th most efficient QB in the NFL in terms of passer rating.

Thats all I am saying.
You’re going way over his head with this kind of thinking... he ain’t never gonna understand that. You’ve got to spell it out and then hope be took his meds that day...

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Gil said it, it must be true, right? No. He's giving his opinion. And he's really really old. Might be time to just step back from the keyboard and...do whatever it is really old people do.
I trust Gil. HOEWEVER, on this, he's slightly wrong. Danny White CLEARLY should be ahead of Dak. Flip Danny with Dak and I'm good.Romo is where he should be.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Thats all I am saying.
Wow.

Romo had a career 97.1 passer rating.

Dak so far has a career 97.0 passer rating.

They are virtually tied in career passer ratings. It doesn't matter what their peers averaged or at what rank they fell according to their peers. A passer ranking stands on its own merit. You are seriously grasping at straws to try to diminish Dak.

Reactions: BAT

Rayman70

Reaction score
Roger, Troy, Danny, Romo, Dak and honorable mention goes to Dandy Don. In that order.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I only put Romo ahead of Dak because he did it longer..time will tell, but I think Dak will end up ahead of Romo on my list.

Brax

Reaction score

• By RJ Ochoa
637339078.jpg.0.jpg

• Roger Staubach
    • Troy Aikman
    • Danny White
    • Tony Romo

Senility

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Wow.

Romo had a career 97.1 passer rating.

Dak so far has a career 97.0 passer rating.

They are virtually tied in career passer ratings. It doesn't matter what their peers averaged or at what rank they fell according to their peers. A passer ranking stands on its own merit. You are seriously grasping at straws to try to diminish Dak.
Wow... the sheer stupidity on display is embarrassing.

Roger Staubach, recently named to the top 10 QBs in NFL history list, has an 83 rating. Please explain.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gils just wrong on the Dak ranking. Not by much, but still wrong. Danny is deserving of 3rd. Dak isn't YET.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Prescott was the end his career right now I would agree. But the story hasn’t been written yet. If he gets his ring. I’ll put him third overall
I get this thinking but Romo didn't do anything in his career so that's why I have no problem with Dak being in front of him. Now Roger and Aikman? That's a different league to where he needs more playoff success to get in with them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1. Troy Aikman
2. Tony Romo
3. Danny White
4. Don Meredith
5. Roger Staubach
6. Drew Bledsoe
7. Bernie Kosar
8. Randall Cunningham
9. Vinny Testaverde
10. Andy Dalton

Can't put DiNucci on there until he plays.
So I knew you trolled Dak fans but you went as far as to troll Roger fans too. Wow.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I get this thinking but Romo didn't do anything in his career so that's why I have no problem with Dak being in front of him. Now Roger and Aikman? That's a different league to where he needs more playoff success to get in with them.
Romo has more “playoff success” than Dak. I was wondering when the space cadet of the board was going to chime in with stupidity that contradicts his own stupidity. There he is.

InTheZone

Reaction score
a guy who can't consistently hit a target in stride, keep the pass in bounds, can't instinctively use his feet to move up in the pocket or run without looking like a whale in molasses, runs into the pass rush despite a clean pocket, can't keep the ball on a rpo when he's staring down the contain who's focusing on the RB, and has the most 1st round picks I've ever seen support a QB yet we still manage to lose to teams with backups across many positions....this article is clearly satire.

have a great day, get your laughs in

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Never argue or try to explain something to a pea brain. He will only dumb you down to his level.
If you’re going to back away meekly every time you get called out, can you just not respond instead of spamming in a desperate attempt to deflect. I get tired of having to explain it to you.
3ov9k0-Hj-HDl-Q6p-Uedi.gif