BTB: Gil Brandt ranked his top five Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks, Prescott was three and Romo 5

sean10mm

Reaction score
I like Dak better than most but his grade is really incomplete at this point. I don't know that I'd put him above any of the significant Cowboys starters yet.

Random observation: the Cowboys simply weren't a quality football team until like 1966, so it's hard to hang Meredith's lack of early success around his neck.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If you’re going to back away meekly every time you get called out, can you just not respond instead of spamming in a desperate attempt to deflect. I get tired of having to explain it to you.
3ov9k0-Hj-HDl-Q6p-Uedi.gif
Sad and desperate. You have to steal my gif. :facepalm:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You’re missing the point. Which is except for Montana and Young all of these QB are from pass happy era.
I get your point but I don't understand how "pass happy" means you don't belong on this list? If that's the case why is James Winston not on here or Marcus Mariota? Did they not play in a pass happy era?

Williamsboys

Reaction score
The standard is always changing. look up where he is among his peers. As I said he was very efficient his first season. 3rd in the league. Since then he has been 18th, 14th and 10th. But hey if you consider that to be lofty then I guess that is your prerogative.
I never argue with a Lady.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greg, why is that passer rating chart flawed?
Because the top 20 doesn’t include all of the great passers and QB before this pass happy era. It’s pretty clear to me.

Unless you think Marino at 33rd or Staubach at 48 th for example is accurate. Troy is 61st.

Based on this Rating system Dak and Tony should be placed ahead of Roger and Troy. If that’s doesn’t scream out flawed. Don’t know what does.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If Dak wins the Sb or atleast goes to the NFC championship then he is better than Romo but not right now..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly. Dak is a good player. He is an extremely effective player when used properly. He is not, as of yet, a top 10 passing QB in this league.
This rating system list him as 6th All time.

Which means with Staubach at 48th and Aikman at 61st , Dak is by far the greatest passer in Cowboys history. Well, after Romo who is 4th. Now , who really believes that? Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get your point but I don't understand how "pass happy" means you don't belong on this list? If that's the case why is James Winston not on here or Marcus Mariota? Did they not play in a pass happy era?
Mariota is on this list at #20. Lol
Winston is #31.

Meanwhile Troy is at #61 and Roger at #48.
Is it possible this list is flawed?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greg, I knew Brandt's list would cause you much consternation. lol
Individual list are fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But when you start using passer ratings to support them then it becomes laughable much like the ratings are.

Obviously Gil didn’t use the passer ratings. Lol