BTB: L.Collins for Raiders S Joseph

sbark

Reaction score
Cowboys have abundance at O.line, Raiders at safety

From btb article : Joseph has been on the Cowboys radar for a while as he was one of their 2016 official pre-draft visitors. He’s far more valuable to the Cowboys in a starting role than on the bench in Oakland. Joseph still has one more year left on his rookie deal as well as a fifth-year option that could be exercised. This could buy the team a couple years to sort things out at safety while having a good strong safety for relatively cheap. It seems like a great deal for Dallas, but why would the Raiders be interested in doing this?
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-land-the-cowboys-a-former-first-round-safety

Article propose rt L.Collins for S Joseph
I'd say plus a draft pick

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Nah giving up too much for joseph. Send them a 4th or something.

Yep. Send them a 4th, get a 5th comp back when Collins leaves.

You get both player for essentially a round drop. I'd rather have one more year of Collins with the uncertainty underneath him, than the one round drop of value.

Although you could make an argument with the CAP we save by trading Collins. Let me sit on it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
La’el pretty much is a 4th. He’s been a disappointment all along the line at both G and T.
Yeh but then we have to have a rookie O lineman try to start at G again. Either way it doesn't bother me. But if we keep La'el and he balls this year we can let him walk and possibly get a 3rd round comp pick. Or he's meh and we get a 5th round comp. Either way better to keep the depth at O line for 1 year.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
can't happen now...Collins probably can't pass a physical.

sbark

Reaction score
Yeh but then we have to have a rookie O lineman try to start at G again. Either way it doesn't bother me. But if we keep La'el and he balls this year we can let him walk and possibly get a 3rd round comp pick. Or he's meh and we get a 5th round comp. Either way better to keep the depth at O line for 1 year.
Article moves 2nd year c.williams out to rt, actually more his natural position,
Puts either sua or rookie at rg
Leaves Fleming at swing, looney reserves

Xavier187

Reaction score
Nah this is easy.

Taco and a 4th rounder for Joseph of the Raiders. Both guys have the same amount of time and the fofth yr options that can be picked up. Joseph has more value but thats what the pick is for.

Then send L.Collins to either the Cards or the Bengals for there 2nd round pick next year.
Both those teams need a OT.
This would be an ideal situation to have as we speak.
We would then have enough ammo next year to move up for an impact player depending on where we finish on the year

LittleD

Reaction score

From btb article : Joseph has been on the Cowboys radar for a while as he was one of their 2016 official pre-draft visitors. He’s far more valuable to the Cowboys in a starting role than on the bench in Oakland. Joseph still has one more year left on his rookie deal as well as a fifth-year option that could be exercised. This could buy the team a couple years to sort things out at safety while having a good strong safety for relatively cheap. It seems like a great deal for Dallas, but why would the Raiders be interested in doing this?
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-land-the-cowboys-a-former-first-round-safety

Stephen has spoken..."We don't need no stinkin' safeties". Don't need em' and can't afford em'.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

I don't know why bloggers fixate on imaginary trade scenarios that Dallas quite simply does not perform as a common method of player acquisition.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Nah giving up too much for joseph. Send them a 4th or something.
Agreed. Seeing how they dropped the ball with our 4th round picks this year by going for Pollard then trading back instead taking Isaiah Johnson and trading up a few spots for Pollard, just send em a 4th.