News: BTB: Mike McCarthy press conference: Sean Lee was injured in strength and conditioning phase

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Was hearing about a UDFA LB yesterday that had been having a amazing camp. Has had 2 int in 2 days and is all over the field. Is a 25 year old out of college so a little bit older but wondering if he may find himself a home now.
Totally agree, Glim. Sean Lee's once-again injury works in rookie 25 year old Francis Bernard's favor to make the team.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I think the bigger story about strength and conditioning is that Collins came in out of shape and that is why he is not playing in practice yet. The team had to go sign a guy to play his position because he is out of shape.

Where are all the well he got paid so he is lazy now posts that usually follow this sort of thing?

starfan1

Reaction score
maybe there is some validity to putting the young guys in an not having him tie up a roster spot. What type of hit is he if cut?

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I've always heard that snakes injure easily..like if you just step on one it could die.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A smart staff knows the value of a vet like Lee, and they know how to limit his exposure.
Having a healthy Sean Lee in critical moments of critical games is worth a roster spot if managed correctly.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Thinking this should be his last year as a player. Your assistant LB coaching job is waiting for you Lee.

cern

Reaction score
i'm not worried. dents and dings as usual during training camp. in truth he still possesses great recognition, but physically isn't always capable of getting to where he needs to be to stop a play. but for the money, he's probably worth it for this season.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Man. It’s like a Shaq freethrow. You hope he makes it but more often than not, we know the outcome.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
When Sean Lee lifts the Lombardi Trophy after we (Dallascowboy) win Superbowl next year... I will cry for 3 days straight.

Love Sean Lee, I got over his injury stigma because he becomes a defacto Coach on the sidelines and off field.

This. Never ever understood the hate. It ain’t like he tries to get hurt

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not a good sign......this actually surprises me a bit. You would think Sean would know his body/limits more than anyone, especially at his age.
Professional athletes push themselves to be as strong as they can be. Sometimes it's hard to know when your body is going to give up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not really, the guy was great but his body can’t handle it and it’s been that way for awhile. At some point you gotta cut the cord.
Didn't he play all 16 last season?........and wasn't he the best LB on the field?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That's a valid argument. I guess for me I just didn't think that extra $4.5 million would be able to by Sean's short term potential, and probably wasn't enough to buy significant long term upside. Now, if they were still paying Lee $10-12 million a year I would take your position whole heartedly.
It's a valid argument you don't agree with me on. Shocker there

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The unwarranted bashing of Lee in this thread is truly unbelievable.
No one is bashing Snake. He just isn't that good anymore. The problem with our team is they keep players too long. Watching Snake last year you could tell he wasnt the same guy