Twitter: BTB on Cowboys fans about Dak

Big_D

Reaction score
Funny as heck but true ........lol

Not really.. they win regular season games, but don't win in the postseason. Why is that? Until they actually start winning playoff games, this will continue. Maybe they can hoist Zeke on their shoulders and give Garrett the gatorade bath in their final game. Just cut to the chase then they can settle in and watch the playoffs like the rest of us.

romonumberone

Reaction score
It all sounds funny if you make it so black & white. But the truth is their is shades of gray. Dak does have some good qualities as a QB. he is incredibly durable so far. It has been even more impressive when you consider some of the shots he has taken. He has some wheels so the threat of a running QB is huge.

But as far as throwing the football his overall accuracy is below average. His reading the field and anticipating WR's coming open is awful. He holds the ball way too long and takes a lot of sacks.... which are drive killers. And probably a smart thing he does for himself is he is very protective of his stats over the team winning. Case in point last year on a 4th and 17 he throws a 2 yard out route.

Amari Cooper is a good WR.... not a great one.

Zeke is a very good RB benefiting from a great run blocking O Line.

Garrett is not an awful coach. He is probably average for NFL standards. He keeps a great locker room. The players love him. And he has been partly responsible for bringing in his vision of players with some talent.

The Cowboys have won some in the regular season. 9-7 in 2017. 10-6 in 2018. Probably go 9-7 or 8-8 in 2019. But what happened to the bar being so low? Dallas Cowboys back in the late 60's, the 70's. early 80's, early & mid 90's.... it was Super Bowl or Bust. It seems too many fans are happy with an average QB who will get paid more than any player in the entire history of the NFL. They are happy with getting to the playoffs, They are happy winning a wildcard game.

Big_D

Reaction score
It all sounds funny if you make it so black & white. But the truth is their is shades of gray. Dak does have some good qualities as a QB. he is incredibly durable so far. It has been even more impressive when you consider some of the shots he has taken. He has some wheels so the threat of a running QB is huge.

But as far as throwing the football his overall accuracy is below average. His reading the field and anticipating WR's coming open is awful. He holds the ball way too long and takes a lot of sacks.... which are drive killers. And probably a smart thing he does for himself is he is very protective of his stats over the team winning. Case in point last year on a 4th and 17 he throws a 2 yard out route.

Amari Cooper is a good WR.... not a great one.

Zeke is a very good RB benefiting from a great run blocking O Line.

Garrett is not an awful coach. He is probably average for NFL standards. He keeps a great locker room. The players love him. And he has been partly responsible for bringing in his vision of players with some talent.

The Cowboys have won some in the regular season. 9-7 in 2017. 10-6 in 2018. Probably go 9-7 or 8-8 in 2019. But what happened to the bar being so low? Dallas Cowboys back in the late 60's, the 70's. early 80's, early & mid 90's.... it was Super Bowl or Bust. It seems too many fans are happy with an average QB who will get paid more than any player in the entire history of the NFL. They are happy with getting to the playoffs, They are happy winning a wildcard game.

Here's the bar..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We haven't been to <insert SB or NFCCG> in X years!

That doesn't answer his question. Obviously the team needs to get over the hump, but if the top of the organization down to key offensive players either suck or are replacable, how is the team winning the division, or winning even a 1st round playoff game, or coming a rats hair from winning in the division round of the playoffs and getting to the conference championship? That's a fair an legitimate question.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's important to recognize the NFL is different than it used to be (and I think its clear that certain people in key roles within the team were among the last to recognize this).

They do have a nice talent base due to McClay, with a dwindling window (my lord these contract demands would lead one to think we have won quite a bit lately).

I'm just not fully confident the team can be pushed where it needs to be by the current staff. More often than not, its the coaches getting more out of players that aren't the stars that make the difference.

Maybe it can happen here, maybe not. That's why we watch.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That doesn't answer his question. Obviously the team needs to get over the hump, but if the top of the organization down to key offensive players either suck or are replacable, how is the team winning the division, or winning even a 1st round playoff game, or coming a rats hair from winning in the division round of the playoffs and getting to the conference championship? That's a fair an legitimate question.

I wasn't trying to answer his question. I was just getting in the most common response to what he was saying before the peanut gallery could come in with it.

I think that manner of backdoor thinking is intellectually bankrupt as it assumes it's premise. First off, is any individual on the team actually able to prohibit the team from winning 3-4 playoff games? I don't know how you prove that but given the fact that Jones and Switzer won it, it certainly disproves it.

Frankly, I see it as defeatist "logic" that the media has pumped up hard over the last ten years because it is a cheap way to manufacture outrage which in turn creates clicks and purchases of their products.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dallas' offense was 23rd in points scored last year. With Dak and Zeke, they were 3-5 before Cooper showed up. Overall the team has a good offensive line and defense. They still only finished 10-6 and lost in the divisional round.

Dak / Zeke are making it like Dallas was #1 in offense winning games 42-41 all season long on the way to a 13-3 season and a conference championship. They weren't *that* good. Its entirely possible for everything in the OP to be true (except that the Jones learned to draft in the last few years, can't take that away from them).

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I ask this on this site a lot and nobody has answers lol. We don’t need Zeke. Garrett and Dak sucks and the defense get turnovers.....how are we winning?

Really, your asking this on this board a lot and nobody is answering I take it? I'm guessing that either you ain't asking that question a lot, as you say, or you don't like the answer.

We are winning because our OL is much better then most teams. We control the LOS most games and because of that, our young QB has been able to operate in a simplified offense, has not been asked to win games via the pass and has been allowed to limit his mistakes because that OL keeps us in games. That OL also makes it very easy for Zeke to put up numbers and to stay relatively healthy. Most backs never see seasons like Zeke does, when he runs for more yards before contact then almost any other back in the NFL and I say most backs because I don't know what the actual stats say but I'd bet that he is at the top of that list of backs all the years he has been here.

We now have a a great young defense that shuts down the strengths of a lot of Offenses. They limit the time and the opportunities opposing Offenses have with the ball, they can finally get pressure and they have finally figured out how to get off the field on third down.

That's how we win games. I'm shocked that nobody has answered that question. I mean, seriously, everybody knows how we win. So do you, even if you do not wish to acknowledge it.

morat1959

Reaction score
So winning games is the new bar now? Every team in the league "won games" last year.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Winning games is for losers! We want to win SBs! I guess JJ has dumbed down so many fans with his koolaid, wins are the new expectation.

morat1959

Reaction score
I disagree!!!!! Dak is a very good QB on the verge of becoming elite, legendary. Zeke is not replaceable, the HC is great and so is the owner, there are too many Whitney fans and I wish they go find another team.
This has got to be sarcasm or a JJ plant!

8FOR!3

Reaction score
If you're a Cowboys fan and you think Dak sucks then I question your rationale

morat1959

Reaction score
Not really.. they win regular season games, but don't win in the postseason. Why is that? Until they actually start winning playoff games, this will continue. Maybe they can hoist Zeke on their shoulders and give Garrett the gatorade bath in their final game. Just cut to the chase then they can settle in and watch the playoffs like the rest of us.
Lol

8FOR!3

Reaction score
If you’re a Cowboys fan and think Dak is anything above average then I question your eyesight and sanity.

He's absolutely above average and statistically ranks in the top 1/3 of the league. He's arguably outplayed the #1 and 2 picks in his draft class. The jury is still out but statically Goff and Wentz or any other QB in that draft has been any better than Dak. He's not elite yet but going into this year he is on track to continue to improve.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It's good enough versus great. A great season ends with us hoisting the Lambardi. A good season ends in the playoffs.

Dak is a good QB but he is not great.
This defense is good but they are not great.
Amari Cooper good not great.
Garrett good not great.

If you go down the Cowboys roster you'll continuously find good but not great players. Which leads to a good but not great season. So good enough is not good enough for some fans. They want greatness.

Where's the great defense?
Where's the great coach?
Where's the great QB?
Where is the greatness on this team?

We have greatness at one of the more replaceable positions in the NFL. So that's one great and a whole lot of good. That's why we win in the regular season but not in the playoffs.

A word of wisdom to those that are looking for greatness.....You have to be good before you can be great. These triplets haven't been together very long. So they could very well become the greatest in the NFL.

jnday

Reaction score
I ask this on this site a lot and nobody has answers lol. We don’t need Zeke. Garrett and Dak sucks and the defense get turnovers.....how are we winning?
They need Zeke more than Dak. In fact, the quickest way to doom Dak’s career is to not resign Zeke. For the matter, Dak’s game will go down drastically if he loses any of the talent around him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need Zeke more than Dak. In fact, the quickest way to doom Dak’s career is to not resign Zeke. For the matter, Dak’s game will go down drastically if he loses any of the talent around him.

Put Dak on the Skins,Bengals,Bills,Niners,Hawks,Steelers, FIns,Bucs,Panthers, etc etc he would have been benched by his 2nd year in the NFL.....