BTB prediction for final 53 roster

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
1) There is no backup center on their list. Williams is the game time emergency center. Need a backup center - either Farniok or Braylon Jones. Nsekhe will be cut for a backup center.

2) DT Hamilton makes the team, I think. Either Watkins or Bohanna will lose out to Hamilton in my opinion.

3) I see Mukuamu making the team. Maybe at the expense of Kearse. Coyle has a shot too.

4) Wilson, Noah Brown, and Fehoko are on the bubble. Some of those UFA WRs are playing well.

5) I don’t think the team has the luxury of a special teams only player this year.

timb2

Reaction score
1) There is no backup center on their list. Williams is the game time emergency center. Need a backup center - either Farniok or Braylon Jones. Nsekhe will be cut for a backup center.

2) DT Hamilton makes the team, I think. Either Watkins or Bohanna will lose out to Hamilton in my opinion.

3) I see Mukuamu making the team. Maybe at the expense of Kearse. Coyle has a shot too.

4) Wilson, Noah Brown, and Fehoko are on the bubble. Some of those UFA WRs are playing well.

5) I don’t think the team has the luxury of a special teams only player this year.
Connor McGovern played Center at Penn State

timb2

Reaction score
I think Francis Bernard makes the team( Anae or Armstrong's spot) and I think Jeremy Sprinkle beats out Sean McKeon.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How many games at center? And how many years ago? He is taking no reps at center this year.

As a sophomore, McGovern was moved from guard to the center position, starting all 13 games. One game there as a junior, didn't play his senior season.
So he played 14 games at center. I think for a backup while not ideal it's sufficient...

quickccc

Reaction score
I think Francis Bernard makes the team( Anae or Armstrong's spot) and I think Jeremy Sprinkle beats out Sean McKeon.

Bernard is a LB
Anae and Armstrong are DLinemen (DEs)

quickccc

Reaction score

if Wilson is cut, ..who then is your backup punt returner behind Lamb ?

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...CcJahKE_NwdjaavdoFhWvUtUEpY9h5uk6W4Be5WI5rKZk

what say you? Not sure i but all of this but some of it could be spot on. I dont think Brown gets cut but stranger things have happened.

- i dont think Brown gets cut either; solid camp, vet experience, added depth, solid slot CB,..
We don't do that for the sake of a Goodwin. 6th spot will come down to Cannaday vs Goodwin, imo.
- Golston and Hill have already missed some time, i wonder if they don;t get into preseason, final decision to stash them on short term to permanent IR
- Watkins ? i thought No at first, but we need depth at 1 tech.(quinton/watkins) assuming Watkins has a satisfactory summer.
- 5 LBs ? sounds logical, a 6th LB wont be game active - bernard? he could an emergency practice squadee; Gifford is pure JAG, ...bye Felicia !
- 4 safeties sounds logical, Israel and Coy to emergency practice squad.

quickccc

Reaction score
As a sophomore, McGovern was moved from guard to the center position, starting all 13 games. One game there as a junior, didn't play his senior season.
So he played 14 games at center. I think for a backup while not ideal it's sufficient...

For whatever reason, our OL coach Philibin doesn't appear to like seeing McGovern at center, .. his college experience doesn't seem to matter.
Odd how a 7th rd draftee in Matt Farniok (sp) that has only started one lone game at center, can get the 2nd team reps at OTA, before Williams eventually saw more at C when
training camp started, but McGovern was totally out of the picture as a backup C.

Is McGovern too slow out of his stance for Philibin .. Doesn't think the Mac is not athletic enuff ?
McCarthy mentioned that Williams knows all of the OL calls, familiar with QB,.. but OMG, man that is what camps and preseason is for,.. and not just one player.

sorry, i can't help but wonder if matters and roles would've been totally different under ex-OL coach Marc Columbo. ... :(

quickccc

Reaction score
Pollard or another RB maybe. Another WR maybe? How about Joseph? Punts are basically fair catches these days.

Pollard has no experience as a PR, and he's barely, finally handling just the KO.
PR is more challenging and demands more steady hands and decision making than KO rule.

That's not something that we can flip a coin or play blindfold tag with any maybe WR or DB,..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Pollard has no experience as a PR, and he's barely, finally handling just the KO.
PR is more challenging and demands more steady hands and decision making than KO rule.

That's not something that we can flip a coin or play blindfold tag with any maybe WR or DB,..

Teams find someone to return punts. They always do. Nothing I’m worried about. We will get some good data in tonight’s game.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Pollard or another RB maybe. Another WR maybe? How about Joseph? Punts are basically fair catches these days.

I note last year Dallas averaged 26.1 yds a kick return. Fair catching every one (yes I know some kicks don't make the end zone) would be only 1.1 yards less. So kick returns essentially don't matter. Only 1 for a td, in the grand scheme of things that's pretty much a freak occurance.

29 punt returns, or less than 2 a game.

Just about anybody can fair catch punts and run for a few yards, don't see it's necessary to risk Lamb for that.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

If Mukuama can play ST's, then there is no reason to keep Kearse