News: BTB: Rams offense knew what the Cowboys defensive line was going to do over 90% of the time

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Rams scout and scheme accordingly. That is why McVeigh in his 2nd year has already advanced further than Garrett in his entire career.

Garrett doesn’t mess with stuff like scouting, just beat the man infront if you. Oh wait, that didn’t work to well did it. LOL

Creeper

Reaction score
The entire Cowboys system on both sides of the ball is predictable most of the time. Certain formations mean certain plays on offense and now we learn that guys on defense were tipping the defensive line calls by the way they lined up and set. This is a huge advantage for the Rams. I read one article about how the Rams were able to run for 273 yards by handling the Cowboys twists and stunts so effectively. Obviously if you know its coming its a lot easier to block.

visionary

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...sive-line-was-going-to-do-over-90-of-the-time

According to the article, they had a good idea of what we were going to do and countered it period. Just like Seattle knew our offense earlier in the season. How is this not a coaching issue?

Garrett coaching 101:

Coaching is over rated
Game planning is over rated

Acquire talent
Give rah rah speech
Expect players to beat the opposition 1 on 1 every time

Clap spit clap

Win some
Lose some
.500 ball
Ho hum

Suck up to Jerry and bend over

Rinse and repeat

birdwells1

Reaction score
There's not one reason that the Ram's game plan should have been to run the ball down the Cowboys throat with how our defense has played throughout the year unless they felt that they had an advantage in that area. Coaching is the reason for this loss.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Seriously though, who is going to demand that the NFL take a long hard look at the officiating this year? It was as horrible as I have ever seen it. Here are 2 examples in our game that are mind blowing:

1) Zeke runs out of bounds untouched at 2:19 left in the first half. Somehow the clock continues to run down to the 2 minute warning. How do the refs justify that gaff? 19 seconds was allowed to roll off the clock and no one says anything??????

2) Gallup catches a pass from Dak and is tackled at the goal line. Initially the ref said he was down at the 2. Replay shows he was down by contact but at the 1. The Rams challenged the play assuming he didn't catch it. This allowed the refs to examine exactly where Gallup was and while they confirmed the catch, they allowed the ball to remain at the 2. ??????????

We can argue about not calling the holding penalty on Taco on the 4th down or other penalties but these 2 I mentioned are not debatable and for me, proves the league is against Dallas for some reason. There just isn't an honest reason for these 2 mistakes.
That’s spot was laughably bad. It was at the one foot line. Somehow they saw it at the two.

As I’ve said before. I don’t believe the nfl is out to get us. I do firmly believe in a bias and or overcompensation to not reward or look like they favor the most popular team.

There were a few calls that defy explanation because they were so off(like the in the grasp call on our offensive line) and I didn’t see the Rams ever complain once about a bad call.

We were blown off the ball. Fair and square. That’s why we lost.

wecasa

Reaction score
It certainly looked like this is absolutely true. No one could run on Dallas and all of a sudden two RBs on the same team get 7 yards before they are even touched on almost every carry. You could see Goff go to the line and act like they were going to snap it and then back off and survey the D for like 10 seconds. Figuring out what our DL was going to do on each play allowed him to simply change the play to go right where it needed to.
By the 4th qtr they weren't even surveying the d. They were snapping the ball on first sound a lot. They certainly had their number all game long.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
That's in the rule book.

Out Of Bounds

1. Any time a player in possession of the ball goes out of bounds the play clock stops. According to the NFL Rule Book, the clock is re-started once the officials spot the ball at the appropriate yard line on the field except during the last two minutes of the first half or the last five minutes of the fourth quarter. During these times the clock doesn’t start again until the next snap. The offense must run the play before the play clock runs to zero, however.

If a player in possession of the ball has his forward progress stopped in bounds and is then pushed out of bounds, the officials may mark the player down in bounds at the point of forward progress and signal for the clock to continue running.
Hey thanks for clarifying that for me. I thought the 5 minute thing applied to both halfs.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The Colts had 22 passes and 8 runs in the 1st half of that game, then started running in the 2nd half when they were up by 10 points. But maybe McVay saw something there he thought he could take advantage of.

He obviously saw something somewhere.

Remember Woods saying he got his buttkicked after the game? Nelson and Kelly did that. Carbon copy of what happened Saturday.