News: BTB: Randall Cobb is excited to help bring a championship to the Cowboys

NewsBot

Reaction score
usa_today_10340845.0.jpg

If Randall Cobb can deliver, Cowboys fans will be ecstatic.

Thursday was a fun day around the world of sports as the NCAA Tournament officially kicked off.

It meant more than that to the Dallas Cowboys though as they officially inked their newest wide receiver, Randall Cobb, to a contract. It’s never official until pen meets paper as they say, and it can’t be undone now.

It’s Go Time! #cowboyszone pic.twitter.com/Oy4gdSqtBC

— Randall Cobb (@rcobb18) March 21, 2019

Cobb is indeed officially a member of the silver and blue which is good news for all of us. There are a lot of things to like about him which include his humble personality. Many members of the Green Bay Packers wished him well on his way out (including Aaron Rodgers), he seems like the perfect person for Jason Garrett’s locker room.

The mothership’s Lindsay Draper spoke to Randall on Thursday and he glowingly discussed his aspirations for this next chapter of his career. Cobb is ready to help the Cowboys win another championship.

“I’m ready to help bring a championship back to Dallas.”

Wide receiver @RCobb18 goes 1-on-1 with @LindsCashDraper to talk about why Dallas is a good fit, and what he wants to prove. pic.twitter.com/VN7I25oXaM

— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) March 21, 2019

The best thing in sports is when the players that play for your favorite team make it all the more easy to root for them. Cobb is that type of guy and it’s obvious only a few days into this whole thing. That’s pretty great.

If you’re still on the fence about who Cobb is as a person take a look at the goodbye message that he wrote to the Green Bay Packers, everyone within that organization, and all of their fans. He gets it.

View this post on Instagram

Green Bay, From a high school QB to a do-it-all player out of UK, 20y/o Me found my way to Green Bay, WI to live out my dreams. •I will never forget the excitement of my first bike ride to training camp. The 1st Touchdown. The Barrel Roll. All of the Lambeau Leaps. The feeling I get when Packer fans can vividly remember where they were on the 4th down TD at Soldier field. The Hail Mary catch. We have many memories we will share together for the rest of our lives. •Even after all of those memories, it will always be the people that really made being a Packer special. •I want to thank the people of Green Bay and the state of Wisconsin for sharing their home with me for the past 8 years. I want to thank the organization for believing in me, drafting me, and giving me an opportunity to live out my dreams. I want to thank the many coaches, trainers, strength & conditioning staff, equipment staff, community outreach, marketing, digital, and everyone else I’m leaving out. You may think that you’re just doing your job, but in the process you were elevating me to be the best version of myself. •To all the individuals working with the vast charities, my goal was to sincerely honor and bring light to the cause. •Thank you to all my teammates over the years. I am NOTHING without each and every one of you. Football is the ultimate team game. All I ever wanted was to earn your respect with the way I practiced, played, and worked. The bond we have created goes well beyond the playing field. •To my family, thank you for supporting me wherever I go and being my biggest fans! To my parents, you sacrificed a lot to fuel my dreams. I hope I continue to make you proud. •To my wife, Aiyda, I’m sorry to keep moving you across the country but you have been my rock through the ups and downs. •In the end, I can promise you that I gave you everything that I had, every time I walked out of the tunnel. It was an honor to wear ‘The G’ and represent you all. •This was inevitable. All good things must come to an end. But this isn’t the end of the story. Just the end of this chapter. -18

A post shared by Randall Cobb (@rcobb18) on Mar 21, 2019 at 4:03pm PDT

It’s good to have him.

Continue reading...