News: BTB: Stephen said Sean Lee approached the Cowboys about an adjustment regarding a pay cut

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the front office doesn't make Lee a LBer coach as soon as he retires they're dumber than I thought.

Smart guys like these you just don't let go. And if I were coach, I'd almost make it mandatory for every LBer
to have to be in the film room every time Lee is in there.

You've all heard the expression "information is power" - Lee def has - he knows that he might not be as physically gifted as other LBers but he more than makes up for it with his knowledge of his opponent.
He also has great instincts, which aren't teachable. Maybe he'd be a good LB coach, but I don't know if you can be that certain, just by the way he plays.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If the front office doesn't make Lee a LBer coach as soon as he retires they're dumber than I thought.

He is already in some ways. I don't know about this year but they said last year Lee ran a lot of review sessions for the LBs himself.

Ben Bloom is the LB coach this year and was always a Quality Control or assistant position coach for this defense, I think its likely that Bloom is somewhere between the LB coach and assistant LB coach with Lee already doing some of the things a full LB coach would normally do.

Dallas already has Kris Richard as the Defensive Coordinator in all but the title, they aren't rigid about specific coaching roles.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
He also has great instincts, which aren't teachable. Maybe he'd be a good LB coach, but I don't know if you can be that certain, just by the way he plays.
Well thats a good debate is it "instinct" or is it hours and hours of film study. Like most debates - prob a combination of both.

Me I tend to believe its mostly film study, the time he spends watching tape are legendary.

And its also not "just looking at tape" you have to know how to breakdown film and know what to look for.

Reminds me of when Darren Woodson said something to the effect - I learned more in one year under Parcells of how to breakdown film than all my other years combined.

Proof

Reaction score
Crawford should flat be cut at this point. I wouldn’t take a pay cut. Lee was going to be cut. He knew it and everyone else did. So yeah I guess he should be commended for not being delusional about his career.

delusional about his cowboys career*
He’d have been picked up elsewhere in zero seconds flat had he been released. So yes, it is commendable to offer to reduce his salary in order to continue playing here.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I know it’s easier said than done because it’s not my money, but a lot of qbs should take notice. They can take a little less and pay for a better offensive line.
But offensive lineman are getting huge contracts too. So basically you want the QB to skimp on maximizing their money making potential so that o-lineman cam maximize theirs. Lol.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
But offensive lineman are getting huge contracts too. So basically you want the QB to skimp on maximizing their money making potential so that o-lineman cam maximize theirs. Lol.

you have to realize that offensive line is 4 or more players. So you could potentially upgrade, and most teams aren’t in the position to not upgrade a player on the line. Every position on the field is making big dollars.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Stephen Jones said Sean Lee approached the Cowboys about an "adjustment" regarding a pay cut

1180651399.jpg.jpg

Quite the move from The General.

Read Full Story

Last year. I thought they were talking about this year.

Not surprising that Lee did so. Grown up. Everyone understood the situation. Better to face it and deal with it in a timely way than avoid dealing with it in hopes it would never materialize.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
delusional about his cowboys career*
He’d have been picked up elsewhere in zero seconds flat had he been released. So yes, it is commendable to offer to reduce his salary in order to continue playing here.
No it’s not. Nobody would’ve gave him as much as he got here.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It kinda did, Cap. Just the context alone was enough, I think. Maybe you two have a history that caused you to assume he was being serious, IDK.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. After rereading the post, I can see where some people would see the sarcasm, but I can also see people not seeing the sarcasm. Again, sarcasm is often not obvious on a site like this.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Man, should have held a press conference to hammer home his team first approach. Definitely would have signed Zeke, Dak, and Cooper at a team friendly rate by now. Haha

Do like Sean Lee though!

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Make him the head coach after his retirement!

Kidding aside, I have a feeling that the guy definitely has what it takes to be a good coach.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Lee would have been released if he didn't take a pay cut. He wanted to come back another season for his best chance at a SB since 2014, and he did what it took to make that happen.