News: BTB: the Pass rusher Cowboys need: Bradlee Anae

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bradley Anae won the Pac 12 Morris trophy in 2019. The Morris Trophy is awarded annually to the best offensive and defensive linemen in the conference, as selected by opposing players.

Other winners include Terrell Suggs, Solomon Thomas, Deforest Buckner, Vita Vea, and Haloti Ngata.

Nice reporting. I like real facts. That he was selected by opposing players is a real fact.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hope this is the case but every year there seems to be one player that gets overhyped and ends up failing to live up to expectations.

If Anae turns into a good backup DE for us that can spell Gregory or Lawrence, that’s a huge win for a late round pick.

Training camp you get snaps where you can look good against players who aren't in the league come September.

Jamaica Rector! Woohoo!

lockster

Reaction score
Such a wasteful article. Tells us nothing new, and doesn't report on his OTAs. Jsmh

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We're ALL skeptical because like you said there is no evidence to that effect. The reason there is no evidence is because HE HASN'T FRICKEN PLAYED YET!
It’s not that difficult.

I said it was the coaches job to decide who plays, and it was not their job to make decisions based on what fans tell them or to put players on the field they don’t believe will help the team to prove what they see to the fans.

You then indicated I was wrong, and did so with a comment that falsely represented what I wrote.

I then responded by explaining to you why I was not wrong.
QUOTE="Rockport, post: 11009353, member: 37070"]We're ALL skeptical because like you said there is no evidence to that effect. The reason there is no evidence is because HE HASN'T FRICKEN PLAYED YET![/QUOTE]

Beaker42

Reaction score
Wise up Rocky, I'm not saying he got a fair shot but these coaches have moved on from him. He played fewer snaps because he didn't earn them. When you don't impress anyone and are only kept around for depth on the roster, the writing is on the wall. The coaches don't invest time in helping him get better. He's just there in case someone gets injured.
LMAO - the D coaches were morons and the entire D sucked. It took JJ getting pi$$ed to get Gregory on the field as much as he should’ve been to start the season. No one - and I do mean NO ONE - on that D staff had ANY clue on how to stop anything.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yep
But why
That we don’t know
We will soon know with a new man in charge
I doubt he’s the answer at pass rusher but I also doubt he’s not capable of playing in this league

I’d like to see him at SAM if nothing else just to get his intensity on the field for us.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
tenor.gif
She is gorgeous...:thumbup:

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't get this sentence: "He was a standout at the Senior Bowl as well, holding his own with the likes of Penei Sewell and Rashawn Slater." Anae faced Sewell and Slater in the Senior bowl in 2019?

Anyway, the guy who leads the PAC-12 in QB pressures with 20% more than the next guy has to have something to work with. But I think he will be the odd man out in Dallas.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LMAO - the D coaches were morons and the entire D sucked. It took JJ getting pi$$ed to get Gregory on the field as much as he should’ve been to start the season. No one - and I do mean NO ONE - on that D staff had ANY clue on how to stop anything.
I'm glad you got to vent by getting that out. I hope you feel better. In the end, Bradlee Anae is no closer to getting on the field.

jnday

Reaction score
I hope the new stuff sees something different too. I would love to see Anae have success. Sadly high effort doesn’t always equate to success. Time will tell if it does with Anae.
From what I have read, Basham’s high effort is the one thing that he has going for him. If the coaches value the trait enough to sign Basham, then Anae could impress them as well.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I'm glad you got to vent by getting that out. I hope you feel better. In the end, Bradlee Anae is no closer to getting on the field.
Seems I’m not the only one talking about Bradlee this off-season. That’s now 2 articles about him. When some of us here think “he doesn’t deserve his own thread”. I say he plays and produces. I’ll be here to eat crow. Will you?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Seems I’m not the only one talking about Bradlee this off-season. That’s now 2 articles about him. When some of us here think “he doesn’t deserve his own thread”. I say he plays and produces. I’ll be here to eat crow. Will you?
I don't like to eat crow but I'll do it when one of my talking points turns out to be wrong. I'm just an observer, I have no vendetta against Anae. I don't see him being a factor on this offense.