News: BTB: the Pass rusher Cowboys need: Bradlee Anae

jnday

Reaction score
I don't get this sentence: "He was a standout at the Senior Bowl as well, holding his own with the likes of Penei Sewell and Rashawn Slater." Anae faced Sewell and Slater in the Senior bowl in 2019?

Anyway, the guy who leads the PAC-12 in QB pressures with 20% more than the next guy has to have something to work with. But I think he will be the odd man out in Dallas.
Armstrong is the one that should be the odd man out. I think he has been around long enough to know that he is not going to become much more than he is now.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't get this sentence: "He was a standout at the Senior Bowl as well, holding his own with the likes of Penei Sewell and Rashawn Slater." Anae faced Sewell and Slater in the Senior bowl in 2019?

Anyway, the guy who leads the PAC-12 in QB pressures with 20% more than the next guy has to have something to work with. But I think he will be the odd man out in Dallas.
He didn’t play against Sewell or slater at SR bowl but he did have an impressive week and was impressive in PAC 12
To me Armstrong is the guy who’s got reps and plenty of chances to show something and hasn’t

Creeper

Reaction score
He didn’t play against Sewell or slater at SR bowl but he did have an impressive week and was impressive in PAC 12
To me Armstrong is the guy who’s got reps and plenty of chances to show something and hasn’t

Yeah, I saw his Sr. Bowl. I think he faced our man Terence Steele. Anae was impressive his entire Sr. year. I was just pointing out something that appears to be wrong with the article.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I don't like to eat crow but I'll do it when one of my talking points turns out to be wrong. I'm just an observer, I have no vendetta against Anae. I don't see him being a factor on this offense.
That’s because he plays on Defense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QUOTE="Rockport, post: 11009353, member: 37070"]We're ALL skeptical because like you said there is no evidence to that effect. The reason there is no evidence is because HE HASN'T FRICKEN PLAYED YET!

And why hasn’t he played yet? That’s the question. You type in capitals like you are angry, as if simply being on the team should guarantee Anae playing time, or as if coaches somehow owe it to you to let you see him play whether they feel he should or not.

But, again, the coaches don’t owe that to him or you. Their job is to play who they feel can help the team have success. That doesn’t mean they can’t make mistakes - nor does it mean they did make a mistake. Only time will tell that. But that doesn’t change the fact it was their decision, and fans have no right to see players on the field that the coaches don’t feel need to be on the field.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I have read, Basham’s high effort is the one thing that he has going for him. If the coaches value the trait enough to sign Basham, then Anae could impress them as well.
Effort is a great trait, but the team has to see the physical skills too. I’m not saying they won’t with either Basham or Anae, just saying there are other things that factor in.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And why hasn’t he played yet? That’s the question. You type in capitals like you are angry, as if simply being on the team should guarantee Anae playing time, or as if coaches somehow owe it to you to let you see him play whether they feel he should or not.

But, again, the coaches don’t owe that to him or you. Their job is to play who they feel can help the team have success. That doesn’t mean they can’t make mistakes - nor does it mean they did make a mistake. Only time will tell that. But that doesn’t change the fact it was their decision, and fans have no right to see players on the field that the coaches don’t feel need to be on the field.
You’re totally missing my point. He hasn’t played yet so how can we know if he’s any good or not? That’s my point. I thought I made that pretty obvious but apparently not.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re totally missing my point. He hasn’t played yet so how can we know if he’s any good or not? That’s my point.
Damn coaching staff gave him all of 6 snaps last year? What the heck???

I'm anxious to see him now that he has a full year under his belt and the weight room and a full off season.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Bradlee Anae is just the next Matt Johnson or Justin Berriault.... the guy the fans cross their fingers and hope is the next diamond in the rough.

The reality is any late round pick has an uphill battle to become relevant. High round draft picks will always get more opportunities to shine.

He’ll get snaps this preseason, and he may even flash and turn heads a few times— but how many times have we seen a kid flash in the preseason only to watch them confirm their JAG status in the reg season?

Pointless to debate until he actually starts making meaningful plays that help the team... and if he can’t even get to the point where he can even get on the field in a real game— then it simply is what it is lol

Mr_437

Reaction score
At least, Anae and others should have the benefit of getting snaps in preseason games to show what they can do. Comes down to Anae vs Armstrong imo. Anae had great production in college you'd like to think some of that can translate to the NFL.

Cowboys need production at DPR from either Basham, Armstrong or Anae...it would be a good sign if two of these guys could step up and bring some heat.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re totally missing my point. He hasn’t played yet so how can we know if he’s any good or not? That’s my point. I thought I made that pretty obvious but apparently not.

I have never indicated you weren’t saying that. My point was that you posted this in CAPS and strong language like you were pissed about it, as if the coaches have an obligation to play him so you can see.

I thought I made that clear.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw his Sr. Bowl. I think he faced our man Terence Steele. Anae was impressive his entire Sr. year. I was just pointing out something that appears to be wrong with the article.

yeh the article was wrong on Anae facing Pewell in senior bowl i dunno how they can incite that kinda statement without
doing heir homework search on that. ..

But I combined both what Anae did in Senior Bowl practices vs various OT blockers and what he did in the
Senior Bowl all star game itself. ..

quickccc

Reaction score
Damn coaching staff gave him all of 6 snaps last year? What the heck???

I'm anxious to see him now that he has a full year under his belt and the weight room and a full off season.

.. And add under a totally better, more competent coaching staff.

Last year with Gregory and Anae usage reminded me like it was was when DB coach Joe Baker keeping
Byron Jones at safety all that time before Kris Richard properly moved him to his more natural position - Cornerback

Coaching makes a big difference.

quickccc

Reaction score

And its' a reason why those certain coaches are not here anymore, while others were remaining here .
in fact, those very same coaches were exited outta here before Quinn was even sought out as the new DC

that's how upset and disappointed upper management was with the likes of the same coaches some felt they had
decision to make and damn the fans that have no right to protest who and who not should be playing on the field.

Coaches are there to play their decisions, but if they get it wrong, the players, the team is gonna pay the price for that
decisions, we've seen that happen in various areas and units ..just as we've seen it flourish under new coaches that get those
decisions right .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have never indicated you weren’t saying that. My point was that you posted this in CAPS and strong language like you were pissed about it, as if the coaches have an obligation to play him so you can see.

I thought I made that clear.
The coaches have an obligation to play the players they think will help them win. I never said they have an obligation to do anything other than that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The coaches have an obligation to play the players they think will help them win. I never said they have an obligation to do anything other than that.
Then why the writing in CAPS and strong language if you weren't upset that you hadn't been allowed to see him play? It certainly didn't come across as calmly making a matter of fact point. And why not tell me this a long time ago instead of arguing with me? If you had said early on your only intent was only to state a point of fact and agreed that it was the coaches decision there would have been no disagreement.

Last edited: