News: BTB: Tony Romo felt like the Cowboys were in good hands when he walked away from them

Bobcat

Reaction score
Let's face it. Appreciation for Romo is a great mystery, joining the ranks of 'Where the heck was Jimmy Hoffa buried???' and 'Who was Jack the Ripper really???' and 'How can there be a Lost City of Atlantis when everyone saw it in Aquaman???'

There can only be one logical response to Romo appreciation. Treat Romo threads and posts like the plague. Think of them like virtual cooties. Nasty. There is no solution for Romo appreciation. The mystery will last forever forever forever... save yourself!!!

Noted.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I meant hit. Romo had season where he was among the least hit QB's in the NFL. He also had seasons were he got hit a lot which a lot had to do with him holding on to the ball to let plays develop downfield but also a terrible OL after we cleaned house on an aging over paid OL.
Question. Based on your original statement '...I could be wrong but he was never hit as much as Dak was last season', is my original assumption correct that you are still stating Romo had one or more seasons when he was hit less than Prescott did last season?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
romo has moved on. he now has a career that considers him the best of the lot, despite the short time he's done it. he can play golf when he wants. he has more time for his wife and kids. I don't hear him complaining.
Yep, he's moved on but we don't seem to be able to do so. Any comparisons of Romo to Prescott are ludicrous, Prescott comparisons should be made against QB's playing now.

And does it matter what hands the team was in when he left, he was gone. Favre could have cared less about GB, think Montana cared about the Niners, Smith about the Chiefs? What the hell is this about leaving it in good hands? He lost his job and decided to get another in a related field.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Question. Based on your original statement '...I could be wrong but he was never hit as much as Dak was last season', is my original assumption correct that you are still stating Romo had one or more seasons when he was hit less than Prescott did last season?
Dude....I do not believe that I have ever seen Romo get hit as much as Dak did last season. If you have info to contrary....please share. What is the point of continuing to ask a questions about the obvious being what is in print my original statement?

cern

Reaction score
Yep, he's moved on but we don't seem to be able to do so. Any comparisons of Romo to Prescott are ludicrous, Prescott comparisons should be made against QB's playing now.

And does it matter what hands the team was in when he left, he was gone. Favre could have cared less about GB, think Montana cared about the Niners, Smith about the Chiefs? What the hell is this about leaving it in good hands? He lost his job and decided to get another in a related field.
Mystifying. Meaningless. Meandering .

GenoT

Reaction score
The Cowboys released Romo after the 2016 season. He was offered a broadcasting job, officially retired as an NFL player and took the job. No amount of pointless shoulda-coulda-woulda debate will change these facts.

Tony’s gone, he’s not coming back; time to get over it and move on.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dude....I do not believe that I have ever seen Romo get hit as much as Dak did last season. If you have info to contrary....please share. What is the point of continuing to ask a questions about the obvious being what is in print my original statement?

I think what i see in your statement is that Romo eluded the rush better tha Dak.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I think what i see in your statement is that Romo eluded the rush better tha Dak.
Tony was magician in the pocket for sure. My statement was based on how often Romo got hit and even in seasons when he was not getting hit much he still missed a significant amount of games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So why didn't Romo go play for someone else if he was truly healthy and able to start?
No one knows for sure. His pitiful resignation speech sure didn’t sound like someone who was ready to quit.

But I’d speculate it started with Jerry not releasing him in time during Free Agency to sign with another team.

If you recall Houston and Denver were initially interested. Jerry said he was holding out for a trade but I don’t think he really wanted Romo to go anywhere else. Not letting him go earlier sure didn’t help Romo. Then the CBS deal came up.

I’m also thinking no one wanted to risk a big contract with his injury history. Can’t blame them. And Romo wasn’t willing to play for chump change.

The real story though is Jerry dumping Romo for Dak.

Last edited:

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Of course injuries played a role in his decision. Also, changing teams would've likely caused him to uproot his family from the only home his children have known.

Now he makes mad cash, can be a dad, and is being recognized as one of the best in his craft (as he should've been as a QB). It's not always a clear cut decision of can I play or not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course injuries played a role in his decision. Also, changing teams would've likely caused him to uproot his family from the only home his children have known.

Now he makes mad cash, can be a dad, and is being recognized as one of the best in his craft (as he should've been as a QB). It's not always a clear cut decision of can I play or not.
So, do you think he’d rather of had a shot to get his starting position back than his new career which BTW is less “ mad cash” than he was making as QB.

I do agree with your last sentence. It’s not.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He did the right thing. I was a huge Romo guy (only jersey I ever owned) at one point, less so towards the end. However it was obvious the guy was unable to physically perform for any kind of extended period anymore.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
So far we've wasted 3 years without him. Pretty soon Sean Lee and our O line Will be without a ring if we don't address the common problems.

So the Cowboys wasted ten yrs with him, with this logic.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So far we've wasted 3 years without him. Pretty soon Sean Lee and our O line Will be without a ring if we don't address the common problems.
Wasted??? SO 2 divisi9n championships and a trip to the 2nd rnd. P.O. is considered wasted now....good to know