News: BTB: Tony Romo felt like the Cowboys were in good hands when he walked away from them

InTheZone

Reaction score
Wasted??? SO 2 divisi9n championships and a trip to the 2nd rnd. P.O. is considered wasted now....good to know
When our roster was built for 2+ playoff wins yes. I have a short leash for Garrett and other issues, why are we accepting less?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So why didn't Romo go play for someone else if he was truly healthy and able to start?
Could be a lot of reasons but I do think he was all in on the Cowboys and his wife realized that and while she wasn't in favor of him playing again, she could understand that. When he was released, none of that mattered any longer and I think the family side of this took control.

No one knows what would have happened if they had allowed him to compete for his old job except a nightmare for that team. I am sure Romo had his fans on the team but I think some of them were wanting him to stop as he could no longer do what he had done before to protect himself. Houdini died doing a stunt.

Actually, for his sake, Prescott coming along and doing what he did was the best thing for Romo, I really believe that as I did not want to see him on the field again. He looked like an old man trying to escape that tackle in SEA.

The tricky part of leaving is knowing when to go. Romo needed a nudge out the door and I would not be surprised if his wife had a say in it as well with Booger. I think he had seen him crumpled on the ground one too many times and he loved his warrior enough to do the right thing for him. Make it easy to go.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Could be a lot of reasons but I do think he was all in on the Cowboys and his wife realized that and while she wasn't in favor of him playing again, she could understand that. When he was released, none of that mattered any longer and I think the family side of this took control.

No one knows what would have happened if they had allowed him to compete for his old job except a nightmare for that team. I am sure Romo had his fans on the team but I think some of them were wanting him to stop as he could no longer do what he had done before to protect himself. Houdini died doing a stunt.

Actually, for his sake, Prescott coming along and doing what he did was the best thing for Romo, I really believe that as I did not want to see him on the field again. He looked like an old man trying to escape that tackle in SEA.

The tricky part of leaving is knowing when to go. Romo needed a nudge out the door and I would not be surprised if his wife had a say in it as well with Booger. I think he had seen him crumpled on the ground one too many times and he loved his warrior enough to do the right thing for him. Make it easy to go.
Totally agree, CC.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
its a phenomon that you cant explain to people, something called age. older people cant explain it to youth. yes everyone can be 1 hit away but as the body ages, recuperation and your skeletal frame make NEW observations and pick up new phrases like "Screw this" When romo was 26 his body could handle stupid like "who needs a C or a LT" than as he got older his brain said "screw this, i need more protection" sadly, he took a nice hit and everything in his body said "OUCH" reality had stepped in and said "age, your body cant hack this"

its remarkable process, but i tried to explain it to you as best i could on a level that makes it easier.

also why certain jobs arent for older people.

Ironically, 26 year old Romo very likely has a broken back after the same tackle...

silvrNblue

Reaction score
When our roster was built for 2+ playoff wins yes. I have a short leash for Garrett and other issues, why are we accepting less?
perhaps I misread your intent...I took it you were dissing on Dak Prescott, if that was not the purpose, then I agree, Garrett has failed miserably with better then good teams he wasted the talent on.,