News: BTB: We’re predicting what will happen in the Cowboys vs. Giants game

NewsBot

Reaction score
845453156.jpg.0.jpg

Who do you got winning the Sunday night game featuring the Cowboys and Giants?

The Dallas Cowboys will try to avoid dropping to 0-2 as they host the New York Giants. While the Cowboys have made the playoffs the last two times they’ve started 0-1, it gets a little more difficult if they drop to 0-2. So, let’s not do that.

Would be cool if Cowboys won tomorrow; teams that start 0-2 typically don't do very well in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/HpqY0QMtmE

— One Cool Customer (@OCC44) September 15, 2018

Can Dallas regroup and pull it off, or will it be another dreadful week of answering questions about what is wrong with those Cowboys?

Sunday nights game feels like a blind date. I'm super nervous and I really hope it goes well. And it's certainly possible that it ends with a lot of crying and a cold shower.

— Dan Rogers (@DannyPhantom24) September 15, 2018

How do you think this one is going to play out? A few of the front-page writers got together and made our predictions about how Sunday’s game is going to go.

Danny Phantom

The Cowboys offense has a lot to prove and nobody will shoulder more of that burden that quarterback Dak Prescott who will be looking to rebound off a terrible Week 1 performance. The Giants defense will be committed to stopping Ezekiel Elliott and the running game, so the Cowboys offense better show the ability to be effective in the air. One way to build some momentum is working the ball to Cole Beasley as he goes up against the the Giants weakest corner B.W. Webb. Look for Beas to have a strong game.

Prescott will finally let loose a little with mixed results as the Giants corners are no slouches. Dak gets his first touchdown pass, but he also throws his first pick. Prescott will do some damage with his legs and Michael Gallup will catch his first NFL touchdown pass.

I think this game is a nail biter early with a lot of frustrated Cowboys fans hanging on to the edge of their seat, but an Eli Manning gift will bring AT&T Stadium to their feet.

Cowboys kicker Brett Maher makes two field goals to get some fans to finally warm up to him, but then botches an extra point to go back in the doghouse.

Saquon Barkley will out-rush Ezekiel Elliott, but it won’t matter because neither of them play quarterback.

Prediction: Cowboys 26, Giants 17

Dave Halprin

The Cowboys have a ton of pent-up frustration, especially on offense, that is ready to explode. They will come out strong during the early part of the game and will actually build a nice lead by the middle of the second quarter. But, a mistake in the secondary will allow Odell Beckham to get free and close the gap heading into halftime. The second half will turn into a defensive struggle as both teams will have moments of poor execution that scuttle promising drives. In the middle of the fourth quarter it will be tied, but a big play from Tavon Austin will set up an Ezekiel Elliott touchdown that will prove to be the difference as the Cowboys defensive line shuts down the Giants last gasp drive.

Prediction: Cowboys 27, Giants 20

Tom Ryle

The Cowboys pass rush will get to and rattle Eli Manning, while Dak Prescott will have a bounce back game. Scott Linehan will do a better job with his play selection, most notably getting Ezekiel Elliott and the Cowboys running game going. And I expect Cole Beasley, who led the team in targets in Week 1 to build on a good season debut and have a big day.

Prediction: Cowboys 27, Giants 17

Michael Sisemore

The Giants edge rush presence is not nearly as potent as year’s past, which hinders the ability to keep the edges secure. Scott Linehan will spread them out to force the defense to chase the Cowboys offense. Neither team is going to be running the ball up the gut and getting much success. The Giants will put extra attention of Ezekiel Elliott with safety Landon Collins playing in the box. The Giants have the edge at offensive playmakers and the secondary to match the Cowboys receivers. Maybe it’s hope but I see the Cowboys defense being the difference-maker and the Dallas receivers doing just enough to win this one ugly.

Prediction: Cowboys 17, Giants 13

That’s a clean sweep in the Cowboys favor, but hey - we’re Cowboys fans so what did you expect? We also seem to be all hovering around the same final score as well. What about you? What’s your final score prediction a tells us why you are leaning the way you are leaning?

Continue reading...

9of11

Reaction score
I'm predicting that one of these teams is going to lose...