News: BTB: What we think about the Cowboys’ coaching situation

Mannix

Reaction score
The Clapping Carrot has 9 lives....this will probably one of those games where they actually play decent and win. Uggghhhh!!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
cowboys offense rated at #30?
not going to bother looking up the jags

If one isn't even going to try, stay out of a discussion then.

Just a few off the top of my head, as to points of observation:

1. The Jags offense is dependent upon a single receiver, than can be taken out of any combination...and a running back that will not even see the carpet come game time.

2. Their QB doesn't begin to sniff top shelf considerations.

3. Their offensive line is in very questionable status, and their last game gave up a fist full of sacks. Could take - aways be added to that snapshot?

4. The Jags have become one of the NFL's worst in their own Red Zone area. Match that up with Dallas being the NFL's top converter in the Red Zone. What? That means nothing?

5. Zeke Elliott is the NFL's top runner. He is averaging 100 yards a game. His per play average is above 5.0. What, the Cowboys haven't played any solid defensive line groups?

6. Zeke has started to break large gaining and scoring plays out the past games. That won't help in overcoming a stingy 3rd down defense that the Jags exploit with?

7. The Cowboys are not strong against the run? The team can't bring in multi-source pressure and sacks of it's own. I guess the linebackers are a demise and there is no talent in the Cowboys secondary? C'mon, be at least a tad reasonable here...

8. Receivers for Dallas can't be situationally challenging, and play-action, screens, and mis-direction be used as well? That increases ability to execute successfully on those 3rd downs.

Don't even be lame and come back with something like we all know that won't happen. Contrary to the myth and legend circulating, the Dallas coaches are not ignorant and stupid.

waldoputty

Reaction score
If one isn't even going to try, stay out of a discussion then.

Just a few off the top of my head, as to points of observation:

1. The Jags offense is dependent upon a single receiver, than can be taken out of any combination...and a running back that will not even see the carpet come game time.

2. Their QB doesn't begin to sniff top shelf considerations.

3. Their offensive line is in very questionable status, and their last game gave up a fist full of sacks. Could take - aways be added to that snapshot?

4. The Jags have become one of the NFL's worst in their own Red Zone area. Match that up with Dallas being the NFL's top converter in the Red Zone. What? That means nothing?

5. Zeke Elliott is the NFL's top runner. He is averaging 100 yards a game. His per play average is above 5.0. What, the Cowboys haven't played any solid defensive line groups?

6. Zeke has started to break large gaining and scoring plays out the past games. That won't help in overcoming a stingy 3rd down defense that the Jags exploit with?

7. The Cowboys are not strong against the run? The team can't bring in multi-source pressure and sacks of it's own. I guess the linebackers are a demise and there is no talent in the Cowboys secondary? C'mon, be at least a tad reasonable here...

8. Receivers for Dallas can't be situationally challenging, and play-action, screens, and mis-direction be used as well? That increases ability to execute successfully on those 3rd downs.

Don't even be lame and come back with something like we all know that won't happen. Contrary to the myth and legend circulating, the Dallas coaches are not ignorant and stupid.

JAGs defense is extremely good and shuts down cowboys offense
ramsey gets 2 int and score on both
with no passing game, zeke gets shut down
clappy the clown keeps clapping
cowboys defense tires and after left out on field all day

LETs GO JAGS
49-0

CZ fans should take root for the other team until garret is fired!

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Also, Mahomes who is the hottest QB in the nfl threw 0 TD and 2 int against JAC last week with a QB rating of 62.7.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
wow, they may well get 5 ints against cowboys!

I wouldn’t be surprised. Although Dak protects the ball well he’ll end up taking the safe underneath routes that JAC will give him all day.

I do see another sub 200 yard day yet again.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We have a general problem w/ personnel due to a poor blueprint. S and 1 tech are glaring issues. Lack of a field stretching WR has plagued us for years. We've wasted multiple draft picks on questionable players, Esco being the most glaring example. We fill our roster w/ 3 tech types.

I'm not a huge X's and O's guy. What I've seen for a while now are WR's not getting open. Too often they show the field and the WR's are running right at DB's. Which is not the way to do things. We go empty backfield way too often in the red zone. We don't clear out holes for the RB.
it is the JG offense too, tavon isnt tyreek hill, but we could use him like KC does hill, but we dont.
Right now our routes are slow to develop and Dak has very little time to throw, and that doesnt make sense.
As for lack of 1 tech that is on marinelli and the jones boys.
Also they dont use the middle of the field, and that is where hopkins caught his passes wasnt it?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Excellent coaching matters in every sport but if you look at NFL history, it’s hard to find a team that wins SBs with a mediocre head coach.

Jon Gruden won one with Tony Dungy’s talent as did Barry Switzer with Jimmy’s talent. But winning big with an average to below average head coach is fool’s gold.

This is what is so maddening about Jerry and Stephen’s marriage to our mediocre at best HC. If our “brain trust” honestly believes they have a great HC, everything else they believe must also be brought into question.

The question “Can Jason Garrett lead a team to a SB?” can be answered two ways-
1. No. We have 8 years of evidence that says he can’t.
2. Well...maybe...He just needs more time.

Obviously our owner believes #2.
ok bob, I think I came up with an answer for you.
The jones boys dont think JG is a great HC or will ever be that, they think he is good enough to win with what
they give him in terms of players and asst coaches.
They think they are so smart, that they with what they do , they can win with any avg coach, and they like JG so why not just keep him.
Remember jerry said long ago he could win with any of 500 different coaches, why? because he is so smart that's why.

And your right SB winners usually have above avg coach with good assistants, and a good defense and decent offense,
but in playoffs, and SB 2 things matter coaching, and players stepping up , and to some degree good luck.

CCBoy

Reaction score
ok bob, I think I came up with an answer for you.
The jones boys dont think JG is a great HC or will ever be that, they think he is good enough to win with what
they give him in terms of players and asst coaches.
They think they are so smart, that they with what they do , they can win with any avg coach, and they like JG so why not just keep him.
Remember jerry said long ago he could win with any of 500 different coaches, why? because he is so smart that's why.

And your right SB winners usually have above avg coach with good assistants, and a good defense and decent offense,
but in playoffs, and SB 2 things matter coaching, and players stepping up , and to some degree good luck.

I see where one would think that Cole of the Jags just can't be covered by the Dallas secondary. Also, where the top rushing offensive runner just doesn't mean a thing...