BTW: Greg Rousseau

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lotta folks hated this guy as a prospect coming out last year.

Through 5 games:
18 tackles
3 sacks
1 INT
He has been a big hit in Buffalo. McDermott likes guys like him that can flex outside and in. They drafted AJ Epenasa to be Rousseau in 2020, but he hasn't been good enough to see the field

Rousseau fits a Calias Campbell archetype, whereas Epesasa has looked like a poor mans Tyrone Crawford when he has played

Rayman70

Reaction score
everyone here bashed Greg R as a potential Dallas pick in rd 1....but man, just look at the kid. You just never know. I guess sometimes its a mix of system fit and role.Bills had a plan for him. That is key. HERE he would have been just a guy the first year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, definitely didn’t advocate for him at #12, but didn’t think he was a “do not touch” prospect as some believed.
When the talk was of him falling out of the 1st, there were still alot of people hear that didnt want him in the 2nd.

I think sometimes as far as pass rushers, fans get too hung up on whether of not a guy is a traditional RDE

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
everyone here bashed Greg R as a potential Dallas pick in rd 1....but man, just look at the kid. You just never know. I guess sometimes its a mix of system fit and role.Bills had a plan for him. That is key. HERE he would have been just a guy the first year.
He had a few supporters early on. It fell off quite a bit as the draft approached and he fell in alot of media pubs

Carson

Reaction score
The thing is, we ALL liked him.

Just not at 12 and we couldn’t risk it with his history. He went to a team that was deep and it’s paying off like you said.

DanA

Reaction score
If we were picking at 30 I would have had him in the mix with a few others.

Beaker42

Reaction score
When the talk was of him falling out of the 1st, there were still alot of people hear that didnt want him in the 2nd.

I think sometimes as far as pass rushers, fans get too hung up on whether of not a guy is a traditional RDE
TBTH, I’d rather trot GR out at LDE when we boot Tank’s underperforming hide.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The thing is, we ALL liked him.

Just not at 12 and we couldn’t risk it with his history. He went to a team that was deep and it’s paying off like you said.
Yeah I liked him but agree...we thought he was too raw to be picked at 12. Good for the kid. Glad he went 2 the right fit scheme-wise.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He's having an ok year but not exactly a world beater...he has 9 pressures to Parsons 14 and he doesn't even play as a full time pass rusher.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nah, dude wasn't going where Dallas picked. It just was going to align for Greg R and the Cowboys. Plus, he was a LDE and FLaw is there. Good for BUF tho.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Nah, dude wasn't going where Dallas picked. It just was going to align for Greg R and the Cowboys. Plus, he was a LDE and FLaw is there. Good for BUF tho.
I’d rather have Rousseau instead of T-Law’s overpaid butt.