BTW: Greg Rousseau

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Lotta folks hated this guy as a prospect coming out last year.

Through 5 games:
18 tackles
3 sacks
1 INT

I didn't hate him personally (not that you were talking to me). I admittedly said I don't know. Potential was always there; just couldn't see him as a sure-thing, top 10 selection with the limited film and snaps he had at a new position.

2017 season - high school WR
2018 season - redshirt
2019 season - was unstoppable at times but only had 7 starts
2020 season - sat out due to COVID concerns

Even when he played defensive line, they lined him up all over the place, even 3-Tech, and he was killing slower interior offesnive linemen with his quickness. He kind of reminded me of a more twitchy David Irving.

Again, loved his athleticism and potential, but was nervous about a 6'7" 230-lb kid who's best snaps were inside. Buffalo was smart to take him at 30. Thier GM has been hitting home runs in the draft and free agency lately.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah he's been better than I thought so far.

Went to a pretty great spot though. That plays into it.

Award2184

Reaction score
I didn't want Dallas to take him with our 1st, but I was curious about why Jeff Cav, Voch, and all them thought he was "that" bad. He has size that you look for as a 4-3 DE. He had great production. They said that he lucked into sacks cause he didn't know what he was doing, but I don't believe he's played football that long. Soo.....if he's able to get 8-10 sacks or whatever and he doesn't know what he's doing then wouldn't he be a high potential guy once he gains experience? I just wonder why a guy like Rousseau was so frowned upon as a raw player with lots of production and then the guy from Penn St. (name escapes me) who so vaunted with no sacks. Different types of players, but it was interesting that they were thought of so drastically different by a lot of the draft experts.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I didn't want Dallas to take him with our 1st, but I was curious about why Jeff Cav, Voch, and all them thought he was "that" bad. He has size that you look for as a 4-3 DE. He had great production. They said that he lucked into sacks cause he didn't know what he was doing, but I don't believe he's played football that long. Soo.....if he's able to get 8-10 sacks or whatever and he doesn't know what he's doing then wouldn't he be a high potential guy once he gains experience? I just wonder why a guy like Rousseau was so frowned upon as a raw player with lots of production and then the guy from Penn St. (name escapes me) who so vaunted with no sacks. Different types of players, but it was interesting that they were thought of so drastically different by a lot of the draft experts.

IMO I felt like he was one of those guys that could be a good pro if you used him the right way. Basically Tyrone Crawford like bumping him inside and out…my opinion was if you used him the right way he’d give you good run D as an edge player and 6ish + sacks with high pressures from DT/DE.

Top 20 was too rich for me but I would’ve loved him in the 2nd.