Buck going to MNF

Shinaoi

Reaction score
A lot of people find buck too monotone and boring but I never did mind him that much. Better than what they were trotting out there on Monday night there for a while.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'll never watch another Monday night game ever again....:espn:

Seriously...

A marriage made in hell. Enjoy it all snowflakes.

Q

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I actually liked the Monday Night crew they had.

NickZepp

Reaction score
A downgrade in name recognition only.
Burckhart and Greg Olson will likely be the #1 crew now on FOX and will be an upgrade for sure.
I guess if you mean more forgettable and generic I agree. I bet Fox looks to hire someone else for their A team.

mardwin

Reaction score
Good, I don't watch MNF unless Cowboys play. Doubt this hire will change that.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I don't get the hate for Buck. Did he do something in the gossip news or something? I don't consider him iconic like an Al Michaels or a Pat Summerall, but I don't think he does a bad job at all.

shabazz

Reaction score
Disagree, I think he's one of the best in the business

He knows his stuff, but for what they are paying him the reality is that he wont bring one extra viewer to to game. I never understood why they pay these guys so much because people watch specific game because of the matchup….not the commentators

I’m a huge Romo fan but 20 million a year is ridiculous

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Really? That is interesting. I think Joe is a younger version of Bob with a little nepotism sprinkled in.

I’ve always liked Joe. He seems like a down to earth guy with a really dry sense of humor. That may be why so many Texans don’t like him? He’s really good at baseball, too. Costas though, talk about little man syndrome. I’ll never forget the media rush during the steroid era exposure of MLB, the interviews I saw Costas do made me want to slap him. DBag, hater, little man syndrome, all oozed from him in every way.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're going to be paying a mint for that MNF booth. You'd have to think the network will ask for better games.

I'm hoping MNF returns to its past form. Bleep SNF.

Actually this will probably happen. SNF will still get prime games, but more will be on MNF also. TNF on Amazon Prime will get even worse now.
I would almost bet the Amazon Prime exclusive games will be an epic failure for the NFL.

Sydla

Reaction score
The whole thing is hilarious. Apparently ESPN traded some content to Fox to let Buck out early. For example, Fox could take the TV rights to the Ohio State-Notre Dame on Sept 3rd if they wanted.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Don't mind him doing baseball, dont care for him on NFL broadcast....not close to being iconic but who is now a days....the days of the grest broadcaster with the unique voice and letting the game be the story are long gone.