1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: Bucky Brooks: Scouting Report on Dontari Poe

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by viman96, Mar 28, 2020.

1. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

14,047 Messages
    20,589 Likes Received
    Someone check on kaiser...

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,930 Messages
    25,147 Likes Received
    Has he stepped on the scale since the Stay at Home order went into effect? Could be higher than reported, you know....

snapper and DoctorChicken like this.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,930 Messages
    25,147 Likes Received
    The "Butt and Jerk Maneuver" is that everyone calls me slapping down your troll posts.

4. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

2,441 Messages
    944 Likes Received
    That is a pretty encouraging write up. I still have DT as a big draft need and would be fine if we used any of our first three picks on a DT if the right player was available.

Although I would guess the cowboys think they are fine there none with Poe, McCoy and some of their other depth guys, plus a guy like Crawford who can move inside.

My concern is young talent there though. I think it is dangerous counting on a lot of older players there.

5. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

6,448 Messages
    4,549 Likes Received
    It’s uncharacteristic for us to be this happy bout dt position. I hope Gregory is still in playing shape and can contribute this coming season. If not Crawford will be the starter.

6. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

3,492 Messages
    1,896 Likes Received
    I like what we’ve done so far. I’d like for us to still sign Bennett and King, then get either CJ Henderson, Jerry Jeudy, or Xavier McKinney with our 1st.

7. Star Guard_31

Star Guard_31 Well-Known Member

512 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    Does Helman mean "biggest" as in most name recognition? Ratliff was always the smallest NT in the league when he started for us and barely tipped the scales at 300lbs.

Kaiser likes this.
  8. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

14,047 Messages
    20,589 Likes Received
    Interesting.

9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

34,063 Messages
    14,356 Likes Received
    Simply...that's how I hear it.

10. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

3,578 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    i actually thought there would be more insight than that from Brooks as what wasn't mentioned in Brook's profile of Poe was his history of back injuries
    and surgeries -herniated disk issues.
    and who knows how much those back issues and excessive weight have played into his rush production over the years.

and for a 350+ lb linemen, excessive weight as those players get older can be even more issues.
    i dunno why the signing took so long and maybe there was an initial impasse on whether Poe should be signed for a two year or 1 year deal.
    But now i do tend to wonder if maybe some of those " languages " had to do with incentives and clauses, that had to do with
    weight expectations, games played and production snaps.

With Poe, you want to have quality depth, subs-and rotation relief coming along side of him as to not overextend his snaps - you want him fresh as possible
    in the 4th quarters, as the more he has play extensively, the more he seems to fatigue and wear, the lesser effect, and more invisible he becomes.
    Not surprisingly for typically guys that enormous size
    but when everything is in order. healthy and motivated, i do think he provides a bit more rush traits skill sets than the likes of pure 1 tech like
    guys ala Snack and Michael Pierce.
    The plus+ profile was pretty much on track in that he is an enormous blend of size-bulk, power and athleticism.

Bullflop and Redball Express like this.
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,930 Messages
    25,147 Likes Received
    Your same-sex stalking is even creepier than your normal stalking.

12. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

13,590 Messages
    10,267 Likes Received
    Buck..

Tell us how you really feel?

You won't hurt our feelings.

We wear big boy pants.

:angry:

13. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

13,590 Messages
    10,267 Likes Received
    Bottom line..

Trystan Hill needs smelling salts and a swift kick.

We will probably draft a DL high to help these 2 vet acquisitions be their most effective.

Your points make alot of sense.

Bullflop and quickccc like this.
  14. dwreck27

dwreck27 Well-Known Member

4,131 Messages
    5,740 Likes Received
    He’s had our number as well so I’m sure he’s trying to fill/upgrade positions he knew he could exploit when he faced us

Bullflop and Corso like this.
  15. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

3,578 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    i'm not gonna write Hill off because i really do believe Marinell's ways and method of preference and grooming hurt this team
    both on the field and in the Drafting war room. i want to see what the new current coaching staff can do with Hill and how
    he best be implemented in the game plan on game day active list.
    However i am not bypassing a highly regarded DT prospect just for the sake of Hill either. I'm still sticking to the value of my
    draft board.

16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,052 Messages
    54,720 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Corso likes this.
  17. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

2,073 Messages
    3,006 Likes Received
    I would be super thrilled if a guy like Derrick Brown fell in the draft and they had Brown, Poe, McCoy and whatever they get from Hill/Crawford/Woods.

18. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

2,073 Messages
    3,006 Likes Received
    Simple, fat guys appreciate fat guys.
    You know they saying, "don't trust a skinny cook"? Same goes for coaches picking defensive tackles, apparently.
    Lol.

Kaiser likes this.
  19. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

6,218 Messages
    1,975 Likes Received
    I think the success on this signing depends on how he will be used.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,930 Messages
    25,147 Likes Received
    Andy Reid approves this message.

[​IMG]

armadillooutlaw likes this.