Bumped Into a Giants Fan Today

Flamma

Reaction score
while standing in line (socially distanced, of course) to go shopping with the Mrs. We stand in line here just to enter the store. He was wearing the typical Giants shirt and hat that I see so regularly here in Jersey. He didn't pay me any mind. I didn't pay him much either. But as time went by and we started pacing back and forth, muttering under our breath as the line slowly progressed, I said to him... I'm a Cowboys fan. How do you feel about having the clapping carrot? He kind of looked at me sideways, thought, and said, We'll give you a 3rd and a 5th to take him back.

That was it. I almost died right there. We laughed and laughed.

A lot of blah blah for the rest of the conversation till we eventually got to the front, but, as he was going inside, and we were still waiting one spot behind him, he turned around and said, "How about a 2nd and a 6th?"

True story. Made my day.

Are you in north Jersey? I grew up in the north end so I know how crowded it can get. The reason I ask is I now live on the border between north and south Jersey. We don't have lines to get into stores, hardly anyone in there as well. I thought the lines were only in big cities like NY.

Them

Reaction score
..." the clapping carrot"....bwahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!...:lmao:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a Giants fan I believe Garrett will be a great help for Daniel Jones and develop him. Call me delusional but I have hope. :)

Most of the Giants fans I know would agree with you. You guys are headed in the right direction, overall.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
while standing in line (socially distanced, of course) to go shopping with the Mrs. We stand in line here just to enter the store. He was wearing the typical Giants shirt and hat that I see so regularly here in Jersey. He didn't pay me any mind. I didn't pay him much either. But as time went by and we started pacing back and forth, muttering under our breath as the line slowly progressed, I said to him... I'm a Cowboys fan. How do you feel about having the clapping carrot? He kind of looked at me sideways, thought, and said, We'll give you a 3rd and a 5th to take him back.

That was it. I almost died right there. We laughed and laughed.

A lot of blah blah for the rest of the conversation till we eventually got to the front, but, as he was going inside, and we were still waiting one spot behind him, he turned around and said, "How about a 2nd and a 6th?"

True story. Made my day.

I trust you turned him down, right? :laugh:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
All my customers are up in New York so I’m surrounded all day (virtually) by Giants fans.

They’re really optimistic and think that they had a great draft. Judge is being crowned as Parcells Jr.

I spoke with one of them at length on Friday about the Giants, Cowboys and football in general. Long story short, Garrett makes sense there for what they want to do. Garrett doesn’t really game plan - he’s all about, “beat the man in front of you” and “they’ll know exactly what we are going to do and can’t stop us anyway”.

Basically if you look at their free agent activity and draft, they’re going to be a 3-yards and a cloud of dust kind of football team. If you play fantasy football, take Barkley #1.

They’re going to play old school football, which is time of possession, run the ball down your throat and play good defense.

Personally I don’t think that they have the talent to do that yet, so it’ll be another 5-11 year for them, but that’s what they’re going to do.

Yikes, I just wrote 7 paragraphs about the Giants. I’ll stop now! :confused:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow -- that's funny . . . it sure didn't take that NY fan long to figure things out concerning JG. I thought he sucked as an OC. ;)

Blake

Reaction score
Garret is a buffoon, but his buffoonery has allowed us to establish some common ground with Giants fans. So maybe the clapping carrot does have a noble purpose in the greater scheme of things; so long as the scheme isn't his own.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
......but did he learn anything???
That was one of his problems, he never learned from his mistakes. I suspect that's because he doesn't believe he ever made any.
But then, that was another one of his mistakes. :muttley: