Bumped Into a Giants Fan Today

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
......but did he learn anything???

If he did, it surely didn't seem evident, judging from his history of mediocrity.

Jerry compared him to his son, yet, still felt compelled to let him go.

That's the tale in a nutshell. He's the Giants' problem now.

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Giants fans i know in north jersey dont expect improvement anytime soon. They say coaching staff will be fired in 2 years and so will daniel jones

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With respect, Garrett's not going to do well anywhere unless he changes his mindset and learns how to adapt to and counterattack the game. He's a three trick pony in a league that has twenty.
But he knows how to build a team and the Giants aren't going to be sentimental enough to keep him around once he does. He'll build their roster, then in about 2 or 3 years they'll hire someone else who knows what to do with it.

dfense

Reaction score
while standing in line (socially distanced, of course) to go shopping with the Mrs. We stand in line here just to enter the store. He was wearing the typical Giants shirt and hat that I see so regularly here in Jersey. He didn't pay me any mind. I didn't pay him much either. But as time went by and we started pacing back and forth, muttering under our breath as the line slowly progressed, I said to him... I'm a Cowboys fan. How do you feel about having the clapping carrot? He kind of looked at me sideways, thought, and said, We'll give you a 3rd and a 5th to take him back.

That was it. I almost died right there. We laughed and laughed.

A lot of blah blah for the rest of the conversation till we eventually got to the front, but, as he was going inside, and we were still waiting one spot behind him, he turned around and said, "How about a 2nd and a 6th?"

True story. Made my day.
That makes a lot of sense since Garrett's owned the Giants for years and he hasn't coached a single play yet in NY.
o_O

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Garrett will find a way to blame everything on the HC and snake his way into becoming HC. And then he will blame everything on the assistant coaches. Worked for ten years. Why mess with the process of stacking ...

LOL, we have this movie before.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Had same conversation with one Giant fan who was generally happy to have him.

The rationale was that having a former HC as an OC was generally a good thing, especially with a rookie HC.

Didnt have the heart to tell him what Garrett pulled on his HC last time he was an OC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
while standing in line (socially distanced, of course) to go shopping with the Mrs. We stand in line here just to enter the store. He was wearing the typical Giants shirt and hat that I see so regularly here in Jersey. He didn't pay me any mind. I didn't pay him much either. But as time went by and we started pacing back and forth, muttering under our breath as the line slowly progressed, I said to him... I'm a Cowboys fan. How do you feel about having the clapping carrot? He kind of looked at me sideways, thought, and said, We'll give you a 3rd and a 5th to take him back.

That was it. I almost died right there. We laughed and laughed.

A lot of blah blah for the rest of the conversation till we eventually got to the front, but, as he was going inside, and we were still waiting one spot behind him, he turned around and said, "How about a 2nd and a 6th?"

True story. Made my day.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

If you see him in a year its going to be two first round picks he will be offering you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett will do well with the Giants. There has not been a great coaching job done in Dallas since Jimmy left. The reason, Jerry Jones.

Aw...…...do you have a soft spot in your heart for the horrid Garrett?

Gotta love how you Garrett apologists act like Garrett didn't get a fair shake from Jerry. 10 years to do something when he would have been fired in year 2 anyplace else? Such mistreatment. LOL

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Had same conversation with one Giant fan who was generally happy to have him.

The rationale was that having a former HC as an OC was generally a good thing, especially with a rookie HC.

Didnt have the heart to tell him what Garrett pulled on his HC last time he was an OC.

LOL, have that same conversation with them after game one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
With respect, Garrett's not going to do well anywhere unless he changes his mindset and learns how to adapt to and counterattack the game. He's a three trick pony in a league that has twenty.

On a scale of 1-10 Garrett is a 2 as an OC and a 1 as a HC. I think some thought he was better as a walk around HC but we are now seeing with MM how bad of a HC Garrett was. All the things that MM is changing and doing in year #1 that Garrett couldn't accomplish in 10 years in Dallas.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Jnday did you forget about Tuna and what he did here and were this dumpster fire of a team was and he started out with Quincy as QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Poor Garrett...……….he was given 10 years here when he would have been fired after 2 anywhere else. Such mistreatment by Jones. Jerry turned over the coaches around Garrett twice just to keep his little puppet in place.

And let us not forget Idgit also claiming that Garrett was the victim of a severe lack of talent here in Dallas.

Clearly with a HOF roster and 15 years to do it, Garrett might be capable of winning a SB. He is THAT good.

And for sure...………….Garrett would be well desired if he was ever fired from here. Teams would be lining up to make him their new HC. :muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well hell....the joke is on you. We sat here and watch him head coach us for 10 years...that's the real laughing matter. Him being a OC probably is the best fit for him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well hell....the joke is on you. We sat here and watch him head coach us for 10 years...that's the real laughing matter. Him being a OC probably is the best fit for him.

Garrett has no place near a pro football team. Especially as an OC. That has been proven over and over again.

Garrett needs to go back and start coaching at the High School level and work his way up if he wants any kind of future in coaching.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Garrett has no place near a pro football team. Especially as an OC. That has been proven over and over again.

Garrett needs to go back and start coaching at the High School level and work his way up if he wants any kind of future in coaching.
Your opinion. Not gonna argue in favor or knock the guy. I think he'll be a better coach without Jerry hovering of him or having his responsibilities taken from him.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Care to explain that comment?
How do you want me to explain hope Roy? :)

But he owned my Giants for years. From Romo to Dak Cowboys always had a solid offense. He was employed by footballs biggest team in popularity for over 10 years.

Do I think he will be great for sure? No. But I have hope.