1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Bumped Into a Giants Fan Today

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by USMarineVet, May 2, 2020.

1. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

7,767 Messages
    5,070 Likes Received
    His first year as a coordinator he was 2nd in points, 3rd in yards. Horrendous.

2. MWH1967

MWH1967 Boys#1 95

3,560 Messages
    4,245 Likes Received
    He's the worlds champ at half time adjustments however.

3. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

27,401 Messages
    17,870 Likes Received
    That was what...……..14 years ago? Lets just say that 14 years ago, Garrett's ideas were somewhat in tune with offensive principles of the time. All Garrett really did in the beginning was take plays and a concept from people he grew up with and did the same thing. The problem was that Garrett could never evolve. He couldn't adjust with the times. No innovation. He couldn't even keep up with modern offenses as they moved forward.

If Garrett ever had success because of great talent or the newness of Dak or Zeke people soon caught up to his offenses and they were predictable.

black label likes this.
  4. JW82

JW82 JJ21

2,915 Messages
    5,149 Likes Received
    Thats great. I am in NJ as well. I was warning the NYG fans that the Giants FO loved Garrett and he could end up being their HC, they were scared. I was very happy when he became their OC. I told them I hope Barkly loves 8 man fronts, enjoy.

USMarineVet likes this.
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    Yeah, 'all the way up' from 4th the year before.

And where did they rank with him in points after that? Middle of the road 15th?

6. kumizi

kumizi Well-Known Member

2,403 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    That's actually hilarious. Glad your shared.

USMarineVet likes this.
  7. KeepinTime

KeepinTime Well-Known Member

310 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    How do you even walk carrying around balls that big?

USMarineVet and Flamma like this.
  8. black label

black label Well-Known Member

3,734 Messages
    6,339 Likes Received
    i live with giants fans and yes there delusional. at the same time superbowl wins as much as i think are a miracle, suk in the back of my mind

USMarineVet likes this.
  9. HotDog37

HotDog37 Well-Known Member

354 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    You can't bump into anyone anymore -- social distancing brother. Hey I know what you meant there haha.

USMarineVet likes this.
  10. USMarineVet

USMarineVet Well-Known Member

2,577 Messages
    2,798 Likes Received
    Too funny. I remember sitting in the bar around the corner from where I live, watching a Cowboys game. We were getting our butts kicked and there were 3 guys sitting behind me at a table. It was quiet in there so I could hear everything they were saying. They were big-time dissin' the Cowboys. I let it go for a little while but they were seriously starting to piss me off. So I turned around and said in a rather tempered voice. "Would you guys just shut the (expletive) up!"

They were stunned. Didn't know what to do. I just turned around and sipped my beer. The bartender comes over and says, "You DO know those guys are cops right?" I said, "That's ok. I don't plan on getting arrested anytime soon."

I ended up having a beer with them later. They understood once they saw my jersey.

Flamma likes this.
  11. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

4,199 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Would you lace your knuckles with Covid-19?

Risen Star likes this.
  12. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

6,376 Messages
    10,789 Likes Received
    He was a decent coordinator, but a mediocre head coach who rarely learned from his mistakes, or took way too long to learn from them.... and scheming from him? HAHAHAHAH, it's always been beat your man with him no matter what. So good luck with him. He might be a good coordinator for you, but I always thought he was a better personnel kind of guy than coach.

Shunpike likes this.
  13. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,640 Messages
    7,528 Likes Received
    We're in no position to poke fun at any team in the NFL, we've been a running joke for more than two decades while teams like the Giants have been adding trophies to their cases.

14. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

9,559 Messages
    16,101 Likes Received
    Due to JG, I'll take Barkley on my FF team.