Bumped Into a Giants Fan Today

dfense

Reaction score
Garrett was a horrid OC. In fact, he was probably worse at being an OC.

The guy has no place whatsoever being in control of an offense. For all the talent he had, a monkey could have scored points.
His first year as a coordinator he was 2nd in points, 3rd in yards. Horrendous.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

That was what...……..14 years ago? Lets just say that 14 years ago, Garrett's ideas were somewhat in tune with offensive principles of the time. All Garrett really did in the beginning was take plays and a concept from people he grew up with and did the same thing. The problem was that Garrett could never evolve. He couldn't adjust with the times. No innovation. He couldn't even keep up with modern offenses as they moved forward.

If Garrett ever had success because of great talent or the newness of Dak or Zeke people soon caught up to his offenses and they were predictable.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
while standing in line (socially distanced, of course) to go shopping with the Mrs. We stand in line here just to enter the store. He was wearing the typical Giants shirt and hat that I see so regularly here in Jersey. He didn't pay me any mind. I didn't pay him much either. But as time went by and we started pacing back and forth, muttering under our breath as the line slowly progressed, I said to him... I'm a Cowboys fan. How do you feel about having the clapping carrot? He kind of looked at me sideways, thought, and said, We'll give you a 3rd and a 5th to take him back.

That was it. I almost died right there. We laughed and laughed.

A lot of blah blah for the rest of the conversation till we eventually got to the front, but, as he was going inside, and we were still waiting one spot behind him, he turned around and said, "How about a 2nd and a 6th?"

True story. Made my day.

Thats great. I am in NJ as well. I was warning the NYG fans that the Giants FO loved Garrett and he could end up being their HC, they were scared. I was very happy when he became their OC. I told them I hope Barkly loves 8 man fronts, enjoy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, 'all the way up' from 4th the year before.

And where did they rank with him in points after that? Middle of the road 15th?

kumizi

Reaction score
while standing in line (socially distanced, of course) to go shopping with the Mrs. We stand in line here just to enter the store. He was wearing the typical Giants shirt and hat that I see so regularly here in Jersey. He didn't pay me any mind. I didn't pay him much either. But as time went by and we started pacing back and forth, muttering under our breath as the line slowly progressed, I said to him... I'm a Cowboys fan. How do you feel about having the clapping carrot? He kind of looked at me sideways, thought, and said, We'll give you a 3rd and a 5th to take him back.

That was it. I almost died right there. We laughed and laughed.

A lot of blah blah for the rest of the conversation till we eventually got to the front, but, as he was going inside, and we were still waiting one spot behind him, he turned around and said, "How about a 2nd and a 6th?"

True story. Made my day.

That's actually hilarious. Glad your shared.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Say no more. That's where my wife is from. Been there many times. I still have extended family that live there. It was in Bayonne that I watched the 1992 NFC Championship game. In fact, I walked to the corner bar to pick up another 6 pack after Ken Norton intercepted a pass when we were already up 24-13. It was close enough that I could walk and get back before commercials were over. As I was paying for the beer guys were talking at the bar saying it's not over yet. I was beyond giddy. I waited until I got to the door before yelling out, IT'S OVER! They threw shot glasses at me. I'll never forget that. But I knew enough to get by the door.
How do you even walk carrying around balls that big?

black label

Reaction score
i live with giants fans and yes there delusional. at the same time superbowl wins as much as i think are a miracle, suk in the back of my mind

HotDog37

Reaction score
You can't bump into anyone anymore -- social distancing brother. Hey I know what you meant there haha.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Say no more. That's where my wife is from. Been there many times. I still have extended family that live there. It was in Bayonne that I watched the 1992 NFC Championship game. In fact, I walked to the corner bar to pick up another 6 pack after Ken Norton intercepted a pass when we were already up 24-13. It was close enough that I could walk and get back before commercials were over. As I was paying for the beer guys were talking at the bar saying it's not over yet. I was beyond giddy. I waited until I got to the door before yelling out, IT'S OVER! They threw shot glasses at me. I'll never forget that. But I knew enough to get by the door.

Too funny. I remember sitting in the bar around the corner from where I live, watching a Cowboys game. We were getting our butts kicked and there were 3 guys sitting behind me at a table. It was quiet in there so I could hear everything they were saying. They were big-time dissin' the Cowboys. I let it go for a little while but they were seriously starting to piss me off. So I turned around and said in a rather tempered voice. "Would you guys just shut the (expletive) up!"

They were stunned. Didn't know what to do. I just turned around and sipped my beer. The bartender comes over and says, "You DO know those guys are cops right?" I said, "That's ok. I don't plan on getting arrested anytime soon."

I ended up having a beer with them later. They understood once they saw my jersey.

nobody

Reaction score
How do you want me to explain hope Roy? :)

But he owned my Giants for years. From Romo to Dak Cowboys always had a solid offense. He was employed by footballs biggest team in popularity for over 10 years.

Do I think he will be great for sure? No. But I have hope.

He was a decent coordinator, but a mediocre head coach who rarely learned from his mistakes, or took way too long to learn from them.... and scheming from him? HAHAHAHAH, it's always been beat your man with him no matter what. So good luck with him. He might be a good coordinator for you, but I always thought he was a better personnel kind of guy than coach.

Section446

Reaction score
We're in no position to poke fun at any team in the NFL, we've been a running joke for more than two decades while teams like the Giants have been adding trophies to their cases.