Burrows could turn Cowboys around

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
It’s all about talent and why these studs coming out of college are so highly pursued every year.

Perhaps it’s difficult for Cowboy fans with Starrry eyes for their own guy in Dak to look outside the scope but I bet most fans around the league and critics would opt for Burrow.

Perhaps I should relay that I am not 100% Dak. If someone can come in and beat him for the starter. More power to them. But, thinking a rook is gonna come in a light it up is a very high improbability.

Sure, These rooks are talented and I guess "studs".? And are highly pursued.

So was Blair Thomas and Ryan Leaf.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Perhaps I should relay that I am not 100% Dak. If someone can come in and beat him for the starter. More power to them. But, thinking a rook is gonna come in a light it up is a very high improbability.

Sure, These rooks are talented and I guess "studs".? And are highly pursued.

So was Blair Thomas and Ryan Leaf.
No but they weren’t on ready for playoff caliber teams like Dak joined or a Mahomes last year for example .

bewp7

Reaction score
maybe he could but to justify the draft capital it would cost to move from 17 to 1 to draft him it would take a heck of a lot better than a maybe for me to pull the trigger!

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
No but they weren’t on ready for playoff caliber teams like Dak joined or a Mahomes last year for example .

I think the FO thinks they are closer to the goal than most think. I don't think they are going to go with a rook at this point. Or trade up to get a QB of so called caliber that could be great. When the defense and offense need players elsewhere.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Auhhhh....... You've impressed me. Not everybody knows Dick Knifing.

d3a7647518dfd83e45e57809bd1f8575.jpg

Hell fire, constable, Mary Ann roper says "hi'ya!"
Knifing is so old ... well, trust me.
We missed you at the Opera Trust Awards in Santa Fe.
Best wishes

KB1122

Reaction score
I like him more after the title game because he was at least making throws against covered guys. His accuracy is impressive. I still worry about any quarterback who could roast hot dogs behind the line while waiting for his receivers to get open.

Flamma

Reaction score
maybe he could but to justify the draft capital it would cost to move from 17 to 1 to draft him it would take a heck of a lot better than a maybe for me to pull the trigger!

Nothing to justify since I don't think the Cowboys have the capital to move up that far. Considering what the Bengals need and who is there at #1, the Cowboys have nothing to offer to pry that #1 pick away from them. Unless the Bengals aren't interested in Winning.

A few teams are in position to pull it off, but the Cowboys aren't one of them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hell fire, constable, Mary Ann roper says "hi'ya!"
Knifing is so old ... well, trust me.
We missed you at the Opera Trust Awards in Santa Fe.
Best wishes

LOL..... Yeah, like a tooth ache I'm guessing. I'm more of a game of pool, couple of pints and some decent wings guy. I can't guarantee I would get you any consideration in the Opera Crowd of Santa Fe but I guarantee I can come in handy if you ever find yourself in a working class Friday Afternoon happy hour type deal.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
LOL..... Yeah, like a tooth ache I'm guessing. I'm more of a game of pool, couple of pints and some decent wings guy. I can't guarantee I would get you any consideration in the Opera Crowd of Santa Fe but I guarantee I can come in handy if you ever find yourself in a working class Friday Afternoon happy hour type deal.

You sound like a ruffian me mum warned against. I bet you don't even wear socks and carry a slingblade.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like him more after the title game because he was at least making throws against covered guys. His accuracy is impressive. I still worry about any quarterback who could roast hot dogs behind the line while waiting for his receivers to get open.

Look at him when he is pressure though.. He avoids guys and can flat out run.

My only worry with him is he doesn't have incredible arm strength.. His arm is more then good enough but playing up north could be a problem at times with the cold and wind.

But.. He can run so it should make up for whatever arm strength he lacks.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
If he's not even good enough for you to learn his name, I feel like he's not going to be the Jesus Christ savior you're claiming he'll be.
This is what is meant by taking OUR LORD'S NAME IN VAIN. Shame on you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You sound like a ruffian me mum warned against. I bet you don't even wear socks and carry a slingblade.

LOL... No, I wear socks all the time. I live in a climate where it's either really hot or really cold. Either way, I'm wearing socks. I don't carry a slingblade. I carry a Gerber pocket knife. I'm getting to old to get into situations were I need a real knife.

:laugh:

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
If you want to make the biggest splash generating enthusiasm, excitement and a renewed hope for this generation and the next providing McCarthy true Elite talent to develop , Burrows is it.

He could struggle and possibly even be a bust in Cincinnati but in this offense and strong supporting cast it could be the impact we’ve seen with Mahomes.

Even this old burned out Cowboy fan would buy a jersey and a ticket to go see. It would turn Dallas on its ear. And hit a home run for Jerry as well. I’d toast to the old SOB for the greatest move since the early 90’s trade with Herschel.

Id truly have hope again!!

th
I would give up Dak and zeke for him in a heart beat. Re-sign Cooper and draft an RB in round 3.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would give up Dak and zeke for him in a heart beat. Re-sign Cooper and draft an RB in round 3.
We wouldn’t need Cooper. I’d bring Dak back instead. Zeke is critical to our success pounding the rock. We just need a more prolific passer to keep defenses honest from stacking the box.

RS12

Reaction score
Lance Zierleine was on I think the herd yesterday and said based on the tape he watched both junior and senior year that Burrow was not a good tight window thrower. This showed up in his junior tape where he was asked to do it and completed around 50% to a little less. LSU offense coordinator apparently figured this out and hid this by not asking him to make tight window throws. Just an fyi.

jnday

Reaction score
Yea, and still not fix the defense, so, it would be business as usual.
Nothing will improve the defense if Dak and the offense continues the trend of not starting to play until the 4th quarter which wears the defense down.