Burrows could turn Cowboys around

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So Burrow is a QB that could finally overcome a bad defense? Sign me up.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
heck i would do it for 3 1st RD picks but the price is way way more than that.
true. It would have to be at least 2 2nds and that means you could kiss at least 2 full drafts goodbye. On top of that there are no guarantees so its a huge risk. If you knew you were getting a top 5 QB though you gotta make the trade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Burrows is a really good prospect. It would just kill the team draft picks wise and has like a 0.01% chance of happening. Ya know
We've seen very good prospects before. Darnold, Mayfield are the latest ones. Granted, they are still young and could develop into something eventually but they've already wasted 2 years developing.

History says stay away from these type of guys. History says the guy further down the QB rankings in the draft will have a better shot at succeeding than the 1st quarterback taken. I think if the Cowboys want a quarterback the smarter move would be to trade up or down for one of the lesser known prospects who'd be easier to get. Trading multiple 1sts just isn't smart to do.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is the same risk with Burrow that there is with any QB and giving up what they'd have to give up could hurt the progress but that depends on what players they take with those picks.

I do agree that he would have a much better chance with the Cowboys than that dumpster fire in CIN, they may have a shot at Lawrence next year.

There are two ways to look at Burrow's year. He's a one year wonder, because he wasn't a blip on the Heisman radar before the season began, or he responded to a change in offensive philosophy. The philosopher of that is now in CAR.

Joe had a magical year, never been one like it in the history of college football but he also had the #1 rated OL and WR corps in the FBS as well as the highest rated secondary. We talk about that support a QB needs, he had a bushel of it. He struggled at OSU and transferred and was just a QB until this season when he became all world.

I will admit it, it is enticing because I saw every game he played, being a Tigers fan, and kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not only did that not happen but he was stealing DB's shoes on the other teams.

If I was trading up that high, I'd keep Prescott and take Chase Young because he's the can't miss player in this draft, if there is one. Put him opposite of Lawrence and just sit back and watch. I've never seen a DE that dominant, not either Bosa or Clowney at SC. I watched them scheme against him and he'd end up beating it. Many think he's to DE's what Donald is to DT's. I'd surely rather see him in a Cowboys uni than a Skins.

Loso86

Reaction score
Question was this Burrow guy as good in his other years or was this year just ridiculously amazing? Asking for a friend

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Another veiled "I HATE DAK PRESCOTT" thread. Sweet!! :muttley: Case Keenum, Matty Stafford, Tom Brady, Burrow ... the list goes on... just ANYONE literally but Dak. The discomfort, disgust and outrage with our young QB is fascinating.
Day by day he's earning every bit of it.

Proof

Reaction score
If you want to make the biggest splash generating enthusiasm, excitement and a renewed hope for this generation and the next providing McCarthy true Elite talent to develop , Burrows is it.

He could struggle and possibly even be a bust in Cincinnati but in this offense and strong supporting cast it could be the impact we’ve seen with Mahomes.

Even this old burned out Cowboy fan would buy a jersey and a ticket to go see. It would turn Dallas on its ear. And hit a home run for Jerry as well. I’d toast to the old SOB for the greatest move since the early 90’s trade with Herschel.

Id truly have hope again!!

th

I think you mean the Bengals would turn the Cowboys around. And bend them over