Burrows could turn Cowboys around

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
We've seen very good prospects before. Darnold, Mayfield are the latest ones. Granted, they are still young and could develop into something eventually but they've already wasted 2 years developing.

History says stay away from these type of guys. History says the guy further down the QB rankings in the draft will have a better shot at succeeding than the 1st quarterback taken. I think if the Cowboys want a quarterback the smarter move would be to trade up or down for one of the lesser known prospects who'd be easier to get. Trading multiple 1sts just isn't smart to do.
#1 Picks typically go to the worst teams in the league. Like Darnold and Mayfield. In the same vein the guys taken farther down the rankings go to better teams, and then rarely start.

Do you even think before you typeth forth?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep

Especially considering LVE is probably damaged goods and who knows if we sign Cooper.

That would be a steal . I’d throw in our top pick last year too with Hill.
Can't trade damaged goods or a UFA. LVE would have to pass a rigorous physical and no GM in his right mind is believing what comes out of the Cowboys FO about injuries. Spinal stenosis is a red flag.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
If you want to make the biggest splash generating enthusiasm, excitement and a renewed hope for this generation and the next providing McCarthy true Elite talent to develop , Burrows is it.

He could struggle and possibly even be a bust in Cincinnati but in this offense and strong supporting cast it could be the impact we’ve seen with Mahomes.

Even this old burned out Cowboy fan would buy a jersey and a ticket to go see. It would turn Dallas on its ear. And hit a home run for Jerry as well. I’d toast to the old SOB for the greatest move since the early 90’s trade with Herschel.

Id truly have hope again!!

th

Just for xxxxx & giggles....what do you think it'd take for the Cowboys to make this jump?

Adreme

Reaction score
I'm a Dak guy but if you suck it makes no sense to trade for a quarterback that needs a new contract. The purpose is to take advantage of a quarterback and his 4 or 5 years cheap. Same goes for running back. Nobody would trade for Dak and Zeke. Not any bad team anyway. Bengals need to much help to do that.

They might take Zeke because the contract is great for them. They don't take on all the cap hits, so all the dead money is still dead, and I think he would be something like 7-8m for them. They would want that, but not the 1st overall pick.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can't trade damaged goods or a UFA. LVE would have to pass a rigorous physical and no GM in his right mind is believing what comes out of the Cowboys FO about injuries. Spinal stenosis is a red flag.
I understand but that’s what I was responding to.

The bigger point is if we draft like we have the last 3 years with our top picks in Taco, LVE and Hill and give up #1 pick for player we rent for a year and half .. what are we really giving up?

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a better chance of Jerry Jones drinking the entire Atlantic Ocean than there is of Joe Burrow becoming a Cowboy.
We4ll, maybe if a fleet of tankers filled with Johnny Walker capsized and large quantities of scotch spilled into the Atlantic

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
#1 Picks typically go to the worst teams in the league. Like Darnold and Mayfield. In the same vein the guys taken farther down the rankings go to better teams, and then rarely start.

Do you even think before you typeth forth?

Yeah that explains why the Rams made it to the Super Bowl right after taking Goff with the 2nd overall pick or why the Eagles won the Super Bowl despite Wentz not even playing in it. Did you think before you typeth forth?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We4ll, maybe if a fleet of tankers filled with Johnny Walker capsized and large quantities of scotch spilled into the Atlantic
A fleet of tankers filled with high end scotch? I am going to have to cogitate on that awhile. Think they'd see me trailing after them like Gollum?

leeblair

Reaction score
If you want to make the biggest splash generating enthusiasm, excitement and a renewed hope for this generation and the next providing McCarthy true Elite talent to develop , Burrows is it.

He could struggle and possibly even be a bust in Cincinnati but in this offense and strong supporting cast it could be the impact we’ve seen with Mahomes.

Even this old burned out Cowboy fan would buy a jersey and a ticket to go see. It would turn Dallas on its ear. And hit a home run for Jerry as well. I’d toast to the old SOB for the greatest move since the early 90’s trade with Herschel.

Id truly have hope again!!

th
I fear for many rookies in today's NFL. Because of nepotism and other factors, the coaching and management of these so-called "professional" organizations is very poor;
And because of the rules in place concerning young players and the rookie salary cap, and see with the NFL having a virtual monopoly on professional football in which these young men have no where else they can make the kind of money the NFL pays;
A young guy like Burrows can have his chance of becoming a successful player completely destroyed by being drafted by the wrong team- of which there are many.
Even if Burrows goes #1 overall, he will be bound to whichever team drafts him for 5 years. During that time he will be at the mercy of the organization around him, and if that organization fails Burrows will be blamed and called a "bust", when in reality it will probably be more the blame of that organization and the incompetence of the coaching around him.
And this is true of every player in the NFL-especially the rookies.
So I hope Burrows goes to a capable team, and I believe that the Cowboys would be a very good place now that Garrett is gone and McCarthy and Kellen Moore would be handling him.
Because the kid can flat out play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys have never been to a Super Bowl without a top drafted or Elite talented QB.

Landry built some great teams and several solid QB’s but only one won it all. Talent matters!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I fear for many rookies in today's NFL. Because of nepotism and other factors, the coaching and management of these so-called "professional" organizations is very poor;
And because of the rules in place concerning young players and the rookie salary cap, and see with the NFL having a virtual monopoly on professional football in which these young men have no where else they can make the kind of money the NFL pays;
A young guy like Burrows can have his chance of becoming a successful player completely destroyed by being drafted by the wrong team- of which there are many.
Even if Burrows goes #1 overall, he will be bound to whichever team drafts him for 5 years. During that time he will be at the mercy of the organization around him, and if that organization fails Burrows will be blamed and called a "bust", when in reality it will probably be more the blame of that organization and the incompetence of the coaching around him.
And this is true of every player in the NFL-especially the rookies.
So I hope Burrows goes to a capable team, and I believe that the Cowboys would be a very good place now that Garrett is gone and McCarthy and Kellen Moore would be handling him.
Because the kid can flat out play.
Yep

And why so many top drafted QB’s bust. They go to crap teams.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yeah that explains why the Rams made it to the Super Bowl right after taking Goff with the 2nd overall pick or why the Eagles won the Super Bowl despite Wentz not even playing in it. Did you think before you typeth forth?
Doesn't using those highly drafted QB's actually refute your own point?

Doesn't using SB QB Goff and MVP candidate Wentz whom the Eagles traded the farm to move up for further refute your point?

ps I'm not suggesting Dallas trade up. Just pointing out your very very strange contradictory logic.