Burrows could turn Cowboys around

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not either . But right now I think we might have enough to build around.

Im not sure why fans wouldn’t want to try ?
I am sure a lot of teams would like to try with him but sometimes you just have to play the hand your dealt.

And are you forgetting the admissions form the Joneses that they didn;t give Romo enough support, what do you think they'd do with the #1 QB? They're dumb enough to think problem over.

The only elite QB to win multiple rings since FA had the best HC and D. Marino was considered elite and went to one. Elway a coaching change and a run game.

You are laying the problem on one position and I don't agree. I think that Prescott can take them there with a D. When he had success at Miss St, they had the top D in the SEC. He is a team QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doesn't using those highly drafted QB's actually refute your own point?

Doesn't using SB QB Goff and MVP candidate Wentz whom the Eagles traded the farm to move up for further refute your point?

ps I'm not suggesting Dallas trade up. Just pointing out your very very strange contradictory logic.
That depends how you take what I'm saying. Because to me the Rams made the Super Bowl in spite of Goff. He's been playing bad football for over a year now in proof by their lack of playoff berth this year. Eagles won the Super Bowl with Nick Foles. So there's no proof out there that shows what would've happened if Foles played that year but we do know they went on a legendary Super Bowl without Wentz which tells me that was a Super Bowl team with or without Wentz. Same goes for Goff. Neither Goff or Wentz have lived up to their draft status. Both teams traded multiple 1st round picks for them and both haven't been good enough to warrant that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They might take Zeke because the contract is great for them. They don't take on all the cap hits, so all the dead money is still dead, and I think he would be something like 7-8m for them. They would want that, but not the 1st overall pick.
Makes no sense to trade for Zeke when you can draft a running back and have him cheap like they have Mixon. A smart team wouldn't. Who knows if the Bengals would.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep

Especially considering LVE is probably damaged goods and who knows if we sign Cooper.

That would be a steal . I’d throw in our top pick last year too with Hill.
Its a still even if Burrow sucks? Or its a steal because of the high expectations you have for him?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Some are angry and frustrated with him for doing exactly what I would be doing. This is not a game or a sport, it is 100% a business and in business you go for the gold.

It is not any player's responsibility to manage the cap for his team. Brady gave them a deal in order not to get traded and Garappolo take his job. He didn't do it for the good of the team, he did it for his legacy. And because he had no choice, his owner verified that.

Prescott is supposed to give them a break because Lawrence and Elliott did? The NFL is every man for himself and that's all Prescott is doing, looking out for #1 and there's not one of his teammates pissed anout it. They all understand the real game.
We all would be doing it. They want you to think they wouldn't but no one in their right mind would leave money on the table intentionally.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just for xxxxx & giggles....what do you think it'd take for the Cowboys to make this jump?
Great question!!

I’m not sure. It’s negotiable. I’d give them close to what they want.

I’d guess at least 2#1’s including our 1st. Maybe a couple #2 or #3 and a couple players.

Pending who the players are like if one was Dak it might lessen what you give up in draft. Bengals need more than a QB.

But I’d even consider 3 #1’s which is really only 2 with ours this year. The way we’ve wasted them in recent years not sure it’d hurt as much as Burrow would help .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a desperate fan to win and not sure we can do it without Elite caliber QB.
What I think many miss is getting an "elite" QB isn't something you can just decide to do. They are very rare - like looking for a needle in the haystack.

Mahomes is elite - drafted in 2017.
Wilson is elite - drafted in 2012
Rodgers is elite - drafted in 2005
Brees is elite - drafted in 2001
Brady is "maybe" still elite - drafted in 2000.

It took going back 20 years of drafts to even come up with 5 names. And hell, 3 of the 5 weren't even 1st round picks, so they weren't guys even the team that drafted them was counting on to be "elite". Accordingly, it's not even remotely reasonable to count on getting that kind of rare "elite" QB. What is reasonable it to get a strong QB and build the best team around him they can.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m a desperate fan to win and not sure we can do it without Elite caliber QB.

I think not spending a fortune for a QB is more needed then an elite QB.

Elite QBs aren’t winning a championship when they take up a ton of cap space.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A fleet of tankers filled with high end scotch? I am going to have to cogitate on that awhile. Think they'd see me trailing after them like Gollum?
Oh yeah - it happens all the time. You didn't think they all had oil did you?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We gave up 2 #1 for Galloway.

Is it really much of a stretch to give up 3 for a potential generational talent who sets us up for 10-15 years?

What would you give up for Mahomes?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What I think many miss is getting an "elite" QB isn't something you can just decide to do. They are very rare - like looking for a needle in the haystack.

Mahomes is elite - drafted in 2017.
Wilson is elite - drafted in 2012
Rodgers is elite - drafted in 2005
Brees is elite - drafted in 2001
Brady is "maybe" still elite - drafted in 2000.

It took going back 20 years of drafts to even come up with 5 names. And hell, 3 of the 5 weren't even 1st round picks, so they weren't guys even the team that drafted them was counting on to be "elite". Accordingly, it's not even remotely reasonable to count on getting that kind of rare "elite" QB. What is reasonable it to get a strong QB and build the best team around him they can.
And the common denominator is they all went into good situations not total bottom feeder crap teams with the possible exception of Brees.

That’s the difference here IMO and why this is so intriguing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How much does it raise the potential of Burrow having an immediate impact in this offense and team than in Cincinnati?