Bye Week PFF grades -Offense

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
So with Steele (29th) at RT and Biadasz (27th) at C, Collins replacing Williams (12th) would make this line legendary?

I think so. Especially if Williams or McGovern took over at center. Williams gets flack but he’s actually rock solid (minus the penalties). I think the best 5 has Biadasz as the odd man out.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Seems like a good week for a report card. These are the PFF grades and ranking through week 6.

Player Grade. / Rank at position

Dak 83./ 10
Pollard. 90./ 1
Zeke. 75. / 15
CDEE. 81. / 8
amari. 73. / 33
Schultz. 89. / 2
Jarwin. 62. / 35
Biadez. 56 / 27
Zach. 94. / 1
CWilliams. 75. / 12
Tyron. 92./ 2
Steele. 68. / 29

Here is my take on the grades. Remember that anything over a grade of 80 is pro bowl level. There are a lot of QBs having good years. So, Dak is grading out well just doesn't have the rank you might expect. Pollard is for real but doesn't have the contract or reputation to get more reps. Tyron Smith and Zach are having great years. The weak link on our OL is Biadez. He is a big step down from Freddie. We might need to go fishing for another center next draft.

McGovern 91.2
I expect that number would come down quickly if he got more snaps, but I'm always for playing guys who are doing well until they're not. He should at least take the short yardage plays from Williams. I don't think he's better overall than Williams, but he has more powerful straight ahead drive and anchor.
Though I do love him at FB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think so. Especially if Williams or McGovern took over at center. Williams gets flack but he’s actually rock solid (minus the penalties). I think the best 5 has Biadasz as the odd man out.

I saw some article about the Cowboys *finally* giving McGovern significant snaps at C. He should have been cross training all along.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Would be crazy if Tyron played through neck pain for 3 years, had surgery, and then came back and made first team all pro

With Bakirati, Stanley, and Armstead all injured it's literally just a 2 man race. Tyron Smith and Trent Williams. Tyron despite playing a little worse than Trent might be slightly ahead due to the intangibles (record setting offense, playing for a team that's actually playoff caliber, having played a 100 more snaps due to Trents shoulder injury, and having actually made 1st team in the past).

Martin is a lock for 1st team. What's crazy is if he finishes this year healthy he will have literally the exact same accolades as recent Hall of famer guard Steve Hutchinson (all decade team, 7x pro bowl, 5x first team all pro, 2x 2nd team) but have accomplished it in half a decade less time :eek::eek::eek:

JustChip

Reaction score
Ok. I didn’t read it that way. I thought you were saying to keep the other 4 spots the same and only change Collins for Williams.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Something tells me Anthony Brown grading out higher than Diggs has a lot to do with that 75 yard touchdown given up against the Patriots Sunday.

Yet the more I watch that play the more over I wonder what the heck Damontae Kazee was doing; not Diggs.

Reaction score
Should put Collins at LG, Williams at OC, & see what happens. Steele has steadily improved, & he wouldn't be as good at OG as Collins would.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Seems like a good week for a report card. These are the PFF grades and ranking through week 6.

Player Grade. / Rank at position

Dak 83./ 10
Pollard. 90./ 1
Zeke. 75. / 15
CDEE. 81. / 8
amari. 73. / 33
Schultz. 89. / 2
Jarwin. 62. / 35
Biadez. 56 / 27
Zach. 94. / 1
CWilliams. 75. / 12
Tyron. 92./ 2
Steele. 68. / 29

Here is my take on the grades. Remember that anything over a grade of 80 is pro bowl level. There are a lot of QBs having good years. So, Dak is grading out well just doesn't have the rank you might expect. Pollard is for real but doesn't have the contract or reputation to get more reps. Tyron Smith and Zach are having great years. The weak link on our OL is Biadez. He is a big step down from Freddie. We might need to go fishing for another center next draft.
Takes a little patience on a 4th round player, especially when learning a very demanding position at center.
We have been much more patient with players like Gregory, so the payoff when you hit is evident, and I like the attitude and motor that Biadez brings, he is what he is, and thats not too BAD when all is considered.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
People hating on Williams have a hard time understanding what they are watching
The only way the Big boys on OL get better is by reps, I know that is true with all players, but especially true for OL.
This OL will become better as the season progresses barring injury setbacks, just saying that this OL is starting to gel and those that arent seeing this are only focusing on the mistakes.
A big if, but barring injuries, this OL coming together and peaking at the right time will be this teams reputation come post season.

jay94

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised Coop is that low, but then again, he hasn't really been getting a ton of targets so...
Shultz is doing everything he can to make their decision a very hard one.
Conner grading out a lot better than I'd expect, not that he's been bad, just not seeing all that good either.
Biadasz has struggled some, but hasn't been terrible. I think he needs another year gorging at the buffet and living in the weight room.
Steele has been good IMO, interesting he's graded that low. Goes to show why I don't put much stock in PFF grades but whatever.

I'm not he's been hurt for like 60% of the games.

jay94

Reaction score
No way Pollard should be #1 at RB. He blew a TD last game if he had just followed Zekes block!

That's just myopic!

It's one play he's been the better back 3 years, but hey, I will say Zeke has played great these past 3 weeks.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The only way the Big boys on OL get better is by reps, I know that is true with all players, but especially true for OL.
This OL will become better as the season progresses barring injury setbacks, just saying that this OL is starting to gel and those that arent seeing this are only focusing on the mistakes.
A big if, but barring injuries, this OL coming together and peaking at the right time will be this teams reputation come post season.
OL is more about chemistry than anything else so you make a great point about as season goes on they start to gel and become better

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Takes a little patience on a 4th round player, especially when learning a very demanding position at center.
We have been much more patient with players like Gregory, so the payoff when you hit is evident, and I like the attitude and motor that Biadez brings, he is what he is, and thats not too BAD when all is considered.

Gregory is a different story b/c of all the drug suspensions. BUT, once given an opportunity on the field to succeed or fail, the team has no obligation to stick with players to the detriment of the players around them. Maybe Biadez improves, but he's not playing well and there is no guarantee he's getting any better.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McGovern 91.2
I expect that number would come down quickly if he got more snaps, but I'm always for playing guys who are doing well until they're not. He should at least take the short yardage plays from Williams. I don't think he's better overall than Williams, but he has more powerful straight ahead drive and anchor.
Though I do love him at FB.

I agree. We need to give young players opportunities particularly when they play well in their limited spots. But, Williams is playing well overall. I'd like to see if their might be a spot at center for Mcgovern. Thats the weak spot on the OL right now.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron still a monster

Fwiw

I've posted this before.
After 6 games, Dak is……
10th in TDs -Turnovers
4 in Passer Rating

tied for 7th in Combined Stats Ranking
15th in ESPN QBR (by Im nota fan of that manufactured stat)

I'm not concerned about Daks rankings or stats. My only expectation of Dak is that he manages the offense, protects the ball, and wins games. It doesn't always have to be pretty. Brady, Manning, Brees...... all have had some ugly games statistically but he more times than not found a way to win and pull it together in the 4th quarter for a critical drive. Its that something extra at the end of the games that make a difference in this league.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a little surprised Coop is that low, but then again, he hasn't really been getting a ton of targets so...
Shultz is doing everything he can to make their decision a very hard one.
Conner grading out a lot better than I'd expect, not that he's been bad, just not seeing all that good either.
Biadasz has struggled some, but hasn't been terrible. I think he needs another year gorging at the buffet and living in the weight room.
Steele has been good IMO, interesting he's graded that low. Goes to show why I don't put much stock in PFF grades but whatever.
Not many teams have their RBs in the top 15, a WR in the top 10 and a TE at 2.