Byron Jones - 2nd team all-pro, first year as a CB

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
wheN was the last time the cowboys had an all-pro cb? Did Terrence ever make it

Praxit

Reaction score
..here's the clicker on this. While watching Saints game on NFL network. Irvin and Smith were talking pre game tandems and Byron came up. Smith went on to say that moving a FS to CB never works out. And its never a good idea.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
..here's the clicker on this. While watching Saints game on NFL network. Irvin and Smith were talking pre game tandems and Byron came up. Smith went on to say that moving a FS to CB never works out. And its never a good idea.
Should send Smith some crow.

Byron is legit.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I will admit I wanted him to succeed and thought he would at FS.

I was very wrong, and in retrospect I know better. FS is an instinctual position that requires seeing the whole field and reacting a certain way. Jones is an insane athlete who can run and react with anyone in this league, and is better suited one on one with a player.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I'll admit I was more than skeptical about Byron as a CB. Thought he was a decent S in 2016, seemed to regress in 2017. I'm ecstatic to be proven wrong. Although I'd also argue Richard has been huge for his development there. Don't think Jones is a stud CB without that guy.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I'll admit I was more than skeptical about Byron as a CB. Thought he was a decent S in 2016, seemed to regress in 2017. I'm ecstatic to be proven wrong. Although I'd also argue Richard has been huge for his development there. Don't think Jones is a stud CB without that guy.
Don't forget X. Woods closing out the season as the #5 FS per PFF.

K. Richard is a talented man, a great coach, and we need to make sure we keep him around. He turned Byron from a subpar safety into an elite CB, and X. Woods from a #2 FS to a top 5 guy in the league.

Creeper

Reaction score
I love Byron Jones but in the last few games he has been getting beat deep. Is it his weakness? Coincidentally, this began when the Cowboys pass rush seemed to fade. Hopefully the pass rush will return for the playoffs.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I love Byron Jones but in the last few games he has been getting beat deep. Is it his weakness? Coincidentally, this began when the Cowboys pass rush seemed to fade. Hopefully the pass rush will return for the playoffs.
A couple of those plays were spectacular - he had great position. Sometimes you tip your cap to the O.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Only because Byron was never really a safety. Smith is probably right if you try to move a college safty to CB in the NFL, thats not a good move. But Jones was a CB moved to safety and did ok, but he is a better CB than safety as he proved this year.

Ken

Reaction score
Just once again, how did this team waste him at FS for years?

Congrats to Byron. He's going to cost us a fortune.
I would say him making the pro bowl and second team all pro is ridiculous.

14 pass defensed and 0 ints does not suggest this type awards.

Ken

Reaction score
Probably the same group that said Ramsey couldn't be a good CB because he had no production at FSU.
Hmmm...see I thought it was the same group saying that Dak is Tim Tebow....

weird.