Twitter: Byron Jones? Still elite

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Yes, he is elite. Byron Jones is freakish athlete. He has the ability to lock down bigger TEs or fast receivers. He has an incredible reach and elite speed. Rumor has it that he can jump out of the stadium. He is the best CB on the team and opposing QBs would rather target Chido instead. Get this man extended on contract.
tumblr_nk8fvjShww1qcwqvno1_400.gifv

Go Dallas!!!

Last edited:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I don't understand the people criticizing him. He's our best defensive player outside of Quinn. You don't hear his name often because they don't throw his way that much. How many times did Wentz throw his way last Sunday? His position isn't evaluated by stats so he doesn't have the stats to tape onto his helmet - and I know he's not a pick magnet, but outside of Quinn.... he's our only Pro Bowl player on defense.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
..QBs would rather target Chido instead..

Seems to the "eye test" that Chido is garbage..

I've read that Byron isn't elite and isn't worth retaining because he doesn't get interceptions.

He can't be elite because he doesn't force turnovers.

Hive mind tells me that he isn't elite :rolleyes:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Byron's one those CB similar to T-New or Brandon Carr. Will never be sexy or flashes with a lot interceptions but a consistent CB you can count on doing his job each and every week. He'll be a starter in the league for 12-15 years. Now I'm sure if that's elite but he's dependable and reliable.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

I've read that Byron isn't elite and isn't worth retaining because he doesn't get interceptions.

Hes really good hes not elite. You have to change the game to be elite

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Chido is going to be a very good Corner for a long time, and he will improve. On teams that have a clearly elite CB, offenses always go hard at the other guy. That frequency makes anyone look more vulnerable. Whether in Dallas or somewhere else, Chido doesn’t need to worry about his job in the NFL.

The Natural

Reaction score
Byron's one those CB similar to T-New or Brandon Carr. Will never be sexy or flashes with a lot interceptions but a consistent CB you can count on doing his job each and every week. He'll be a starter in the league for 12-15 years. Now I'm sure if that's elite but he's dependable and reliable.
Newman had atleast 15 picks by this point in his career.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yes, he is elite. Byron Jones is freakish athlete. He has the ability to lock down bigger TEs or fast receivers. He has an incredible reach and elite speed. Rumor has it that he can jump out of the stadium. He is the best CB on the team and opposing QBs would rather target Chido instead. Get this man extended on contract.
tumblr_nk8fvjShww1qcwqvno1_400.gifv

Go Dallas!!!

No on extension. Can't pay everyone. Well get a CB early in upcoming draft.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't understand the people criticizing him. He's our best defensive player outside of Quinn. You don't hear his name often because they don't throw his way that much. How many times did Wentz throw his way last Sunday? His position isn't evaluated by stats so he doesn't have the stats to tape onto his helmet - and I know he's not a pick magnet, but outside of Quinn.... he's our only Pro Bowl player on defense.

LOL. Ya, we only have 1 elite player on D.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Newman had atleast 15 picks by this point in his career.

He did? Remember having the same issues.....he's didn't get a lot interception but he was damn good at keeping his out the endzone. In fact, I remember Parcell telling reporters how T-New may not get a lot of interceptions but his guy doesn't catch a lot passes either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He'll be really good until he loses a step. Then he'll be getting torched. Zero instincts or ball skills. All athlete not a football player
Yeah you gotta be careful paying those guys. I get why one would let him walk. He’s the rare athlete that can play though. But you don’t want to be locked into him when he falls off.

cern

Reaction score
In fairness to byron, this is only his second year as a CB. He did very good his first year. He should only get better.