Twitter: Byron Jones- the lockdown playmaking CB

J12B

Reaction score
Scandrick is playing well?

Thought he was struggling in KC

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Oscan #4?.......i swear ive seen him get burned badly for touchdowns in a few chief games ive watched.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Hes a great cover man

It still drives me crazy he knocks balls down instead of going for INT

Thats why I love Lewis...dude goes for the ball

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
To be fair, pretty much everyone thought he should be a corner and that he'd be a better corner than he was a safety.

If Richard hadn't come and forced the geniuses to put Byron where everyone know he should be, the masses would have been right because Byron just wasn't very good at safety.
Originally they may have wanted him there, but by the end of year 3, they all wanted him gone. So there's the genius side of our stupid fan base.

gmoney112

Reaction score
And he stays healthy. That's huge.

With his athleticism, he's going to be good for a long time. With his health, he's been iron man.

These are the guys you keep.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Byron is an Eraser. So, lockdown CB would be more accurate.

Any WR/TE gets going put Byron on him and it's a wrap...erase them right off the field or game plan.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Originally they may have wanted him there, but by the end of year 3, they all wanted him gone. So there's the genius side of our stupid fan base.
Gone as a safety, because no one trusted this staff to move him to CB. Thanks to Jerry for getting Ruchard.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Byron is an Eraser. So, lockdown CB would be more accurate.

Any WR/TE gets going put Byron on him and it's a wrap...erase them right off the field or game plan.

So what would rather have? A playmaker getting 4-5 interceptions a saeson but also getting scorched or a guy who consistently shut down the best WR every game with no interceptions. I know the one I want........

Last edited:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
So what would rather have? A playmaker getting 4-5 interceptions a game but also getting scorched or a guy who consistently shut down the best WR every game with no interceptions. I know the one I want........
Yep, Nnami Ashomugha Jones is the answer. 100% agreed

Mr_437

Reaction score
So what would rather have? A playmaker getting 4-5 interceptions a game but also getting scorched or a guy who consistently shut down the best WR every game with no interceptions. I know the one I want........
Let's just say I'd rather have a playmaker at S. A lockdown/eraser CB is almost just as rare as a playmaker, but lockdown CBs change game plans and make their sides of the field a wasteland.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He creates picks for others, which won't be acknowledged by the masses but are just as good!

I love Jones, but we are tied for 22nd in the NFL with 8 interceptions in 12 games. Given that I am honestly not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that without Jones would would not be averaging an awesome .67 picks per game?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Gone as a safety, because no one trusted this staff to move him to CB. Thanks to Jerry for getting Ruchard.

Frankly, I don't think this staff has a clue about talent and how to use it. That why we still see Dak being a pocket passer waiting over 2 seconds for plays to develop. One day and OC is gonna come in here and revamp this entire offense. That's probably when we finally get to the superbowl.

But for now, the true culprit of this team is Garrett and Linehan. They both need to go.

ultron

Reaction score
I call him Bryon "hands of stone" Jones. Dude can't catch a cold butt naked in the middle of an Alaskan blizzard - but he has played LIGHTS OUT so far this year! What a great move by Kris Richard (moving him from safety to CB)!!!!