Twitter: Byron Jones- the lockdown playmaking CB

Zman5

Reaction score
And don't forget, this is his first year playing CB in the NFL.
He's still learning. Leaning about the position and learning about the opponents he's faced. He's just going to get better.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Maybe lockdown, but he's not really a playmaker. If he'd just turn his damn head around he'd probably have 5-6 picks cause he's almost always in the receivers pocket.

All that said, I'm just happy he's playing at a high level. I'll take it.

Thats the only chink in his game, he needs to get that head turned and locate the ball. He could easily be leading the league in picks.

ghst187

Reaction score
Maybe lockdown, but he's not really a playmaker. If he'd just turn his damn head around he'd probably have 5-6 picks cause he's almost always in the receivers pocket.

He’s like tnewman except even fewer picks. Love that he locks his guy down.
Sherman was a playmaking CB, Deion was a playmaking CB. Jones is an elite CB but wouldn’t call him playmaking.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score

He hasn't allowed 1 touchdown all year.. Man you can be the best shutdown corner in the league and it's still not enough for a cowboys fan..

TheHerd

Reaction score
Frankly, I don't think this staff has a clue about talent and how to use it. That why we still see Dak being a pocket passer waiting over 2 seconds for plays to develop. One day and OC is gonna come in here and revamp this entire offense. That's probably when we finally get to the superbowl.

But for now, the true culprit of this team is Garrett and Linehan. They both need to go.
Garrett is here for a long time. These four games bought him an extension.

Even firing SL probably won't change things since this is Garrett's offense, and I would guess any new OC would just be calling Garrett's offense. Hope I'm wrong, because it's clear this offense needs a rewrite.

Fan4ever

Reaction score
I love the way fans judge players. This is why I NEVER listen to fans. By my account, pretty much everyone had him cut or gone last year. Coaching matters. Kris Richard took him, turned him back into a corner, now he's a Pro Bowler just like that. If an offensive coach like Richard's got a hold of Dak, look out.

THIS. ^^^^

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Back at the beginning of training camp, Byron Jones was my top pick for breakout player this season.

I spent a good bit of time reviewing Richard Sherman in the Kris Richard scheme and I went back and reviewed Byron Jones in man coverage.

It became obvious that Jones is the physical prototype to play CB in the Kris Richard scheme.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
No picks means he's shutting down his side of the field... QBs aren't even testing him all that often.