Call your shot: does Zeke play Week 1?

CWR

Reaction score
Its such a coin toss, but I am leaning NO.

Zeke may be finished in Dallas. Smh

Which may lead to Daks end.

Which may lead to Coops end.

Im thinking Coop is the most likely to be re signed, but he will have to stop comparing himself to Julio and MT in order for that to happen.

CWR

Reaction score
no I am beginning to think he wont be in until after week 10 this has been a major incompetent job of handling this young teams contracts by the front office

What do you think the FO should have done differently?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
No. He may come back just before the season starts, but will be sitting on the sideline due to not being in football shape.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I would’ve said yes prior to Jerry’s “joke” it seemed like Zeke heading back to Dallas and all the buzz around that could’ve been a positive.

I actually think this is about to get real ugly, and look for Zeke to ask for a trade.
Can't we just trade him for Barkley? lol That would be sweet.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
If not, Eli Manning gets his chance to vindicate Mara's comments and show the media that he can be a top tier starter for another 3 years. Giants win in Dallas.

He has never been a top tier starter at any point during his 15 year career. Would be astounding if he magically became one for his age 38-40 seasons.

Big_D

Reaction score
They said that about Emmitt in 1993.

Zeke don’t play until Zeke paid.

Then he don’t play! Zekes been paid. People make it sound like he’s working for pennies. Scrounging the streets for food. lol poor zeke!? This team is making the move to using multiple backs .. pollard should be heavily involved and some still want to throw an unlimited amount of money at zeke?

The workload needs to be lessened and he’s still getting a raise. Plus he’s a headache for the team off the field. Play on the field is only part of it. The money spent on Gurley is too much. They been smart with the cap and the highest paid RB would just be moronic at this point. Topping Gurleys pay check hasn’t won yet! And Gurley had 21 TDs last year??? lol what exactly puts zeke ahead of that? Yardage? lol

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Points scored 2018
Gurley 126
Zeke 54
1992 Emmitt 114

Some grossly overvalue this guy!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
No idea but I sure hope so for the team’s sake and my fantasy team’s sake. Against my better judgement, I took him with the fifth overall pick instead of Bell and Gurley who were also still available. All three have issues. Zeke with the holdout, Bell with a new team, and Gurley’s knee. I rolled the dice.

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
All this speculation and all that... I’m curious what the majority of Cowboys fans think.

Yes, Jerry saw what happened with Emmitt, Jerry's not stupid, whatever he is. Now some would say caving to Zeke is stupid, but JJ really has no choice, no other back on the roster or on the street can do what Zeke can...

morasp

Reaction score
He will absolutely be playing in the opener against the Giants.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Nope. Week 3 after an 0-2 start. Shades of Emmitt.
LOL you really think they’ll start 0-2 without Zeke? You guys really think he’s the only reason they win games. That young defense is more of a reason for feeling optimistic about this team.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL you really think they’ll start 0-2 without Zeke? You guys really think he’s the only reason they win games. That young defense is more of a reason for feeling optimistic about this team.
We beat the Giants by a combined total of 8 points last year. We beat the Skins by a combined total of 11 points. With this same young defense. I love our defense but 2 divisional games right off the bat against teams that always play each other tight is dicey.

uvaballa

Reaction score
We beat the Giants by a combined total of 8 points last year. We beat the Skins by a combined total of 11 points. With this same young defense. I love our defense but 2 divisional games right off the bat against teams that always play each other tight is dicey.

Yeah they lost to the skins because Zeke didn’t do much. I believe the second Giants game we sat a ton of guys including Zeke, so that why it was close.

Saquon is a beast but he will see a ton of stacked boxes now that they don’t have OBJ. Skins lost their QB and will likely struggle to score points this year. They always play tough but can’t see the Cowboys going 0-2 at all. I would actually bet money they don’t and I rarely like to bet.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
No. Jerry is not going to break the bank for him and he's not going to show up. Then, after the Cowboys start 3-0 and the running game looks to be on track without him, both sides will dig in further.

I think he comes back week 10 to accrue a season and he's traded this off-season.