Call your shot: does Zeke play Week 1?

rags

Reaction score
Before Jerry's "Zeke who?" comment, I would have said yes. Now, I don't think so.

aikemirv

Reaction score
No, Week 10 I think he and the Joneses are in this for the long haul.

It is gonna get ugly.

Altestic

Reaction score
He has never been a top tier starter at any point during his 15 year career. Would be astounding if he magically became one for his age 38-40 seasons.
2007. 2011. 2011 he was arguably top 5. By 2013 he was back down to average.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just as he did vs the Rams, he won't be interested on helping his teammates.

broken-record-with-blank-label-picture-id173803673

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No.

If the team drops a few of the early games then Jerry will panic as usual and sign him to a new deal. If they are winning, then Zeke will be out untill week 11 when he has to report.

He doesn't have to report at all. He could skip this season entirely then get his 4th accrued season at $9 million in 2020 (vs the $3 he's due to make this year).

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If he doesn't play week 1, the fines likely start and any leverage he had starts to decline with a few wins. Then him and his agent will have definitely screwed themselves. That's best case scenario.

The only time I can recall that happening recently is Earl Thomas (whose holdout while under contract many hypocrites here cheered last season), and when he did report the fines were rescinded. Then he broke his leg, flipped off the sideline, and signed with Baltimore this year.

Them

Reaction score
...I say yes...but don't ask why... 'cause I don't know!...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Ask me Sunday morning. If the O looks good Sat night with a good run game, I think Zeke will report next week. If the O looks bad and the run game suffers, then Zeke will continue his hold out. His only leverage he has is if the FO thinks we can't win without him. The better the O plays without him, any leverage he thinks he has goes away.

Lol. Zeke doesn't care about some meaningless preseason game where the only thing the starters want to do is get it over with.He knows Pollard can't hold his jock.

Flamma

Reaction score
I would say no. Only because they are probably going to settle contracts with Dak, Cooper, and any other player that doesn't have 2 years left on their contract first. Zeke might not play all year let alone week1.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He doesn't have to report at all. He could skip this season entirely then get his 4th accrued season at $9 million in 2020 (vs the $3 he's due to make this year).
Wouldn't he have to repay a portion of his signing bonus since he is sitting out his 4th year?

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I dont think he plays week 1. I think he lacks the integrity to push his selfish ego aside for anyone or anything. He is no Jaylon Smith. If Pollard plays well and the team is winning, this could go on a long time, because it seems the FO has dug in its heels, and zeke would have no leverage. If the team loses the first 2 games, I expect Jerry to cave.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
2007. 2011. 2011 he was arguably top 5. By 2013 he was back down to average.

Huh? You're certainly mistaken unless there is some criteria I'm missing.

2007: 25th in QB rating (73.9), 29th in completion % (56.1%), 11th in TDs (23), led the league in INTS (20). What in the world would make you think he was even average this season let alone top 5?

2011: 7th in QB rating (92.9), 14th in completion % (61.0%), 6th in TDs (29), 8th most INTs (16). Much closer here to arguably top 5, but without a single statistic in the top 5, I'm not sure how you can make the argument.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Zeke will get signed before week 1. I predict however Dak contract will get done and Zeke will follow along with Cooper.

Dracula

Reaction score
Just to prove a point, Dak and Amari get signed by Jerrah and the pie gets smaller. Zeke holds out because he thinks he has some leverage but no one knows. If Pollard performs enough and who is to say that he may not be great, I think that Zeke gets traded for a nice 1st round pick.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
When has Jerry never got a deal done? Remember Emmitt....no wait

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I will say NO.
are you going to tally the no's and yes's ?? keep a running total,
maybe should be a poll?

Altestic

Reaction score
Huh? You're certainly mistaken unless there is some criteria I'm missing.

2007: 25th in QB rating (73.9), 29th in completion % (56.1%), 11th in TDs (23), led the league in INTS (20). What in the world would make you think he was even average this season let alone top 5?

2011: 7th in QB rating (92.9), 14th in completion % (61.0%), 6th in TDs (29), 8th most INTs (16). Much closer here to arguably top 5, but without a single statistic in the top 5, I'm not sure how you can make the argument.
I'll give you 2007, but you can definitely make the case in 2011. Did you see the Giants' absolutely ridiculous regular season strength of schedule from that year? Sheesh. Especially when you factor in home/aways. Regarded as one of the toughest SoS ever.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Yes. As I said before, I think this was as much about skipping training camp as it was a contract.