Calvin Ridley---- I'M SOLD

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'll pass.

24 years old.. Of course he's going to be more mature then the rest of these guys and more polished.

Give me the 21 year old St. Brown, Sutton, Washington later on and give me defense in the 1st.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
so does DJ Moore and is alot harder to tackle after the catch

WE have an elite YAC WR on the team already and we barely just do things to get the ball in his hands.

PAss on Moore. He won't succeed here.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
WE have an elite YAC WR on the team already and we barely just do things to get the ball in his hands.

PAss on Moore. He won't succeed here.
I've been studying the WR's lately, if we were to pass on one in the 1st round, they are several others we could pick from in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I have it as a tie between Ridley and Moore...I like Moore just a little more cause i think he will be more durable than Ridley jmo

jrumann59

Reaction score
I will pass also, he will be 29 on his 2nd contract, at that point you let him walk, he is Dez Lite better route runner but not faster. WR take at least 2 years if not 3 to turn the corner , back to the fact when he puts it all together he will be 29 years old...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
pt-barnum-sucker-born-every-minute.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
If he is on the board at 19,I take him.
I think he is the most pro ready WR.
excellent hands.
excellent route runner.
BUT.
DJ Moore and Christian Kirk I think are exceptional as well....but at 19 for me,its Ridley or LB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This forum gets its pet cat obsessions every year.
The 1st round reaches this year seem to be Moore and LVE.

:flagwave:

Nothing against them--and if you told me we could package our 1st and 2nd rounders and somehow get BOTH, I'd take it--but at 19 only, I'm not thrilled.

In any case, if we draft either one, Im hoping they live up to the CBZ hype:dance:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I recall two years ago, the player getting no respect around here was Bosa.
I thought it was so bizarre.

Ridley's not that calibre of player, the the phenomenon is a bit similar with him in the twilight...uh, I mean, Cowboys Zone
Turn on the tape people.
:laugh:

KDM256

Reaction score
Would love to have him on this roster, I just don't see how the number 1 rated WR could slide down to #19.

Its not that many overrated Quarterbacks in this draft to make that possible.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
If he is on the board at 19,I take him.
I think he is the most pro ready WR.
excellent hands.
excellent route runner.
BUT.
DJ Moore and Christian Kirk I think are exceptional as well....but at 19 for me,its Ridley or LB.

Agreed.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Would love to have him on this roster, I just don't see how the number 1 rated WR could slide down to #19.

Its not that many overrated Quarterbacks in this draft to make that possible.
lotta hurdles to clear.
watch out for green bay and arizona.

cowboyec

Reaction score
This forum gets its pet cat obsessions every year.
The 1st round reaches this year seem to be Moore and LVE.

:flagwave:

Nothing against them--and if you told me we could package our 1st and 2nd rounders and somehow get BOTH, I'd take it--but at 19 only, I'm not thrilled.

In any case, if we draft either one, Im hoping they live up to the CBZ hype:dance:
I like DJ Moore...but not at 19.
the only WR Im taking at 19 is Ridley.
LVE tho....plead guilty as charged.I think he's a helluva LB and the combine has nothing to do with it.I aint draftin him to compete in superstars competition....Im draftin him to stop the run.
If we get him and he sucks,Ill own up to it.

jay94

Reaction score

Ridley's not that calibre of player, the the phenomenon is a bit similar with him in the twilight...uh, I mean, Cowboys Zone
Turn on the tape people.

Not sure you can compare a top 3 pick to what is going to be a mid to late round 1st rounder. Were not gonna get an elite prospect unless we trade up, were at NINETEEN people. I was pro Bosa to for what it was worth and watching his tape, that he was drastically underrated on Cowboys boards, I think mainly because of Broaddus.

WhizKid

Reaction score

Turn on the tape people.
:laugh:

Folks were really down on Bosa, but he was so DOMINATE on tape. I had to go back several times to see what everyone seeing and never came to their conclusion.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Folks were really down on Bosa, but he was so DOMINATE on tape. I had to go back several times to see what everyone seeing and never came to their conclusion.
You and me both, brother.
There were a few others too.

But the anti-Bosa crew was loud.

As for Ridley....Like I mentioned before; obviously hes not a top 5 player, but I dont see how some here seem to think hes a bust.